Skip to content

PTEE: Killing Guards in Curst Prison Draws Lady's Disfavor

rokujoladyrokujolady Member Posts: 7
The redmine server is down so I'm going to post this here.

Bug: When the character has been mazed once already in PTEE for OSX (Steam), killing guards in Curst Prison draws the Lady's disfavor and thus blocks any progress in the game.

Expected: Player should be able to kill hostile guards in Curst Prison without getting killed later by Lady of Pain.

Reproduce:
-Join the cult of the dead god in the cathedral in the Alley of Dangerous Angles. Incur the Wrath of the lady and get mazed for doing so. Get out of the maze.
-Avoid killing civilians or Dabuses.
-In the Curst Underground, rest up with the Monk, and go into the Curst Prison.
-Kill the initial monsters and move north into the prison. The guards will come at you and try to kill you. Kill them.
-Try to save the game, saving over a previous slot: You get the message "You have incurred the lady's disfavor, perhaps for the last time". You have to make a new slot to save.
-I know that killing these guards is what triggers this because I reproduced it by reloading from a saved game and saving after every action until I got to this point, when I was no longer allowed to save over existing games.

Severity: Bad. Pretty much makes it so I can't continue.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you zip and attach a save before the issue happens please, I cannot reproduce on a clean save so would like to compare them.

Thanks
  • rokujoladyrokujolady Member Posts: 7
    Here are before and after saved games.
    edited May 2017
    It's to do with the lady of pain rag doll. Your first save has global variable LADY set to 49, your second has 51. Have you been interacting with it between the saves? From what I can see, killing guards doesn't change anything but will investigate further.

edit: & killing a party member who has the doll, increments the global... bizarre

You can reduce the value via a console command such as
    C:SetGlobal("LADY","GLOBAL",3)

& keep the doll on TNO for the time being. this makes no difference unfortunately
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    OK. The global appears to increment whenever one of TNO's companions dies. From what I can see, the original game does this once and not once per death. If you make a public report on Redmine I'll link it to the internal report.

Thanks
    edited May 2017
    Thank you. I haven't messed with the Doll at all, but whoever is carrying her gets killed a lot, and probably is consistently getting killed in the skirmish with the guards. I've had a lot of odd issues with people dying and their non-key-item inventories getting lost (and not just on the floor to reclaim).
    I see the redmine server is back up so I'll file a report.

...Done. http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/30965
    Issue 30965
    Post edited by rokujolady on
    Thank you for all your help on this issue!
  • saircorsaircor Member Posts: 9
    holy shit i found this. Either way, I also thought it was killing guards at first, but it turns out letting my own characters die does the same thing. Not sure if it happens to everyone, I already ran in some strange stuff regarding both alingent and the lady. Does that still happen after curst prison?
  • Rusty11Rusty11 Member Posts: 1
    Man, I've just run into pretty much the EXACT same thing, and the only save files I have to return to also show the Lady's disfavor as soon as I do just about anything (party member dies, guard even attacked).

Is there ANY sort of workaround? Like, is it even possible to get into the inner ring, get the sword, and out without killing anyone or any party member dying? I'm assuming the bug with Trias thinking you have the sword when you don't has long been fixed, because I can't find it. Or, if I just keep going, is it possible the Lady's Disfavor will dissipate before I return to Sigil?

I'm MONTHS into this, and would really love to finish this without having to start from scratch. I'm not even sure I'd bother, honestly.