Skip to content

Jan J, Jansen

2»

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    As when this was discussed two years ago, I remain unconvinced that there's any bug here. I reckon the devs also suspect that Jan's behaviour is as originally intended, which would be why they haven't "fixed" it.

Other BG2 NPCs give you a chance to change your mind later if at first you reject them, but there are NPCs in BG1 who must be accepted at the first offer or never (e.g. Minsc), so such a behaviour is not unknown in BG.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24

As when this was discussed two years ago, I remain unconvinced that there's any bug here. I reckon the devs also suspect that Jan's behaviour is as originally intended, which would be why they haven't "fixed" it.

Other BG2 NPCs give you a chance to change your mind later if at first you reject them, but there are NPCs in BG1 who must be accepted at the first offer or never (e.g. Minsc), so such a behaviour is not unknown in BG.

Exactly, there are NPCs in BG1 who must be accepted at the first offer, however in BG2 Jan is the only one you cannot even talk to anymore after you first refuse him.

I find it hard to believe that this is what Bioware intended all those years ago. I think it is more likely that his dialogue, in case he is first refused, is simply missing in the game, probably unfinished or forgotten during the development, hence the reason why you can't initiate any dialogue with him, nor even get the "appears busy" sentence.