Skip to content

CH2 quest delays

Which quest are timed and which are not? I kind of wish to go to Spellhold, but I have bunch unfinished quests. Done De'Arnise quest and I know it's timed. Are CHARNAME's stronghold quest timed?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Lots of quest events are timed, but most of the timers are suspended for Chapters 4+5, so you can go to Spellhold and resume your unfinished quests when you return.

Do complete the quests in the Graveyard before leaving (including at least the first episode of Hexxat's quest-series), because that area will be different when you return. Also complete certain other NPC personal quests before leaving, where required in order to keep the NPC in your party - you've already mentioned Nalia's quest (which doesn't have to be entirely completed, but you do need to have met Daleson in order to secure Nalia's continuing service), but also (for example) I believe you need to have done Korgan's quest to keep him ... basically the ones where it's obvious that the NPC will walk out to attempt the quest alone if you don't help them first. Apart from those cases, just leave for Spellhold whenever you're ready, and your other unfinished quests will wait for your return.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    There are actually different classes of quests/tasks to be considered
    a) quests with timers, e.g. pay the shadow thieves every 5 days, visit Umar Hills within a tenday etc. Those timers are suspended for Spellhold/Underdark
    b) quests you can only do (or at least start) prior or after Underdark
    c) some romances that require to have reached some point of development by the time you get to Spellhold

Any of those lists can be quite long depending on possible mods you have installed or not.
    As a rule of thumb I would consider to do all the quests you learn about in early chapters before going to Spellhold. Even those which you can technically interrupt and continue later, often do not recognise the fact that you no longer try to rescue Imoen.
    The game was designed in a way that anticipated you going straight after Bodhi and Irenicus once you leave Underdark. The time for excessive extra quests (primarily intended to get money and equipment to get to Spellhold) is over and you are in a hurry to help Suldanessalar and regain your soul.
    Like I said - this is how it may have been originally intended - it does not mean you are not free to do it otherwise.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

As a rule of thumb I would consider to do all the quests you learn about in early chapters before going to Spellhold.

That's a lot - considerably more than it's actually necessary to do before Spellhold. Most of those quests will wait perfectly happily until your return.

Also, if you're intending to keep her, then completing so much prior to Spellhold will give you a seriously level-lagging Imoen.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Most of those quests don't recognize you no longer are trying to rescue Imoen because they don't really care if your trying to rescue Imoen or not. Her rescue is just the loose pretext to go out and do local side events in different areas that are simply filler to the main story.