Skip to content

Legacy of Bhaal Difficulty

1235»

Comments

• Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    I wasn't impressed with Heart of Fury mode, it basically just forces cheesy gnome monk tanking.

I was however extremely impressed with BG1/2 EE difficulty with mods such as [the Bigg] (all enemies have max hp rolls) and [Zmisc] (nerfs overpowered items e.g the death without save halberd).

Does Legacy of Bhaal automatically give enemies max hp or do I have to mod it with [the Bigg]?
    Loldrup
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited December 2016
    All enemies have X3+80 HP so they are very beefy. Add SCS and the AI should be good too.
  • FionordequesterFionordequester Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2016
    Teo_live said:

Does Legacy of Bhaal automatically give enemies max hp or do I have to mod it with [the Bigg]?

Actaully, it gives them most of the same things that Heart of Fury did, sans the -10 AC and EXP boost. So the enemeis get...

(HP X 3) + 80
    THAC0 -5
    Saving Throws -5
    +1 APR

This disproportiately affects some parts of the game compared to others, which is one of the main reasons why I made a suggestions thread on how to rebalance LoB. Beamdog is still making adjustments to the game to this day, so there's a chance something could pan out there.
    Teo_livesemiticgoddess
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2016

Actaully, it gives them most of the same things that Heart of Fury did, sans the -10 AC and EXP boost. So the enemeis get...

(HP X 3) + 80
    THAC0 -5
    Saving Throws -5
    +1 APR

Yuck!! Thac0 bonuses on enemies imho is fake difficulty. Forcing HoF style circle tanking while the rest of the party uses ranged attacks....

Yeah a rebalance is definitely needed OR we need the ability to turn on/off each exact part of the difficulty changes.
  • SeparateSeparate Member Posts: 2
    @the_sextein Please tell me you have a youtube? I would love to see some Baldur's Gate gameplay from you.

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    Sorry but I don't. I shut down my youtube channel when someone tried to sue me over copy right issues. Also, I liked LOB mode for the challenge but I don't think I would regularly play it though. It causes the thief backstab to be much less useful and it hurts exploration at times while making some spells useless. Also, it forces a more limited strategy because it's so hard that only the most powerful tactics can work regularly. Overall it was fun to play through the series with it once and discover how to overcome the new level of difficulty but it is a bit too tedious to play it that way all the time in my opinion. I like insane difficulty with SCS and ascension for my normal every day play though.
    SeparateJuliusBorisovGirewan
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Separate said:

@the_sextein Please tell me you have a youtube? I would love to see some Baldur's Gate gameplay from you.

If you're looking for some LoB/SCS gameplay, look no further;

SeparateJuliusBorisov
  • SeparateSeparate Member Posts: 2
    :( Fair enough.
  • lamaroslamaros Member Posts: 139
    What is the UI in that video? My front screen UI is far far far more ugly with EE?
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2017
    Have any of the v2.3 LOB issues you guys talked about here been acknowledged by Beamdog for v2.4?

I played through the whole non-EE BG saga thoroughly through with run-of-the-mill DnD rules difficulty back in the day (I also used the unofficial bug fix mods for both), and now that I'm coming back, playing through the EEs and SOD in the same fashion feels just way too easy, so I'm itching to start a LOB run instead and play it with the new EE+SOD companions. What do you guys think about the new companions? Are they too weak for a LOB run to be feasible without having to resort to cheats or exploits? I'm not afraid of getting stuck and having to look up strategies and what items and spells to get and from where in order to be able progress in a feasible manner, and I'm really, really itching for a good, hard challenge.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Looking for a good and hard challenge? Join us!

Solo + LoB + SCS (+ No Reload) - it wont get better! ;)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62202/the-free-for-all-lob-scs-solo-challenge/p1
    semiticgoddess

Looking for a good and hard challenge? Join us!

Solo + LoB + SCS (+ No Reload) - it wont get better! ;)

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62202/the-free-for-all-lob-scs-solo-challenge/p1

I think I'll just try a plain LOB run first, thanks! XP That's challenge enough for a good long time. Has anyone tried making some really advanced hotkey adjustments, maybe even with some kind of keyboard scripting software like AutoHotKey, and then playing the game real-time without using the pause at all? That would be sick.=P
    edited June 2017
    I'm thinking about dual classing either a Kensai / Mage or a Swashbuckler / Mage for a first time LOB run, but I don't know what level I should start thinking about dualing to mage. I'm assuming it's better that way around to get to the high level Mage spells, or?
  • ScarlettScarlett Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018

Yeah, don't use Legacy of Bhaal mode. The game doesn't fully explain what it really is. If you remember back to your Icewind Dale days, this is basically a Heart of Fury mode meant for very experienced players that run fully-geared endgame+ characters. It is most definitely NOT meant for a first time playthrough. Insane difficulty is a pretty good challenge for me right now.

Try running Legacy again after you beat the game (and Siege), and I'm sure you'll enjoy it a whole lot more.

Well shit, I just noped out of the first siege battle of SoD. Feel like I just wasted a good bit of time since I can't change the difficulty on this playthrough. Got through BG1 but it was a slog. This difficulty level breaks the mechanics of the game imo. It almost becomes about cheesing everything. Atleast if you play from lvl1. Fireballs doing little nibbles of damage feels out of place after coming from core. If you play with full level party then yeah I get it. So its like a new game plus I guess. Damn.... I thought it was me. :(