Skip to content

Anyway to alter character model?

JunkermanJunkerman Member Posts: 2
Hey guys! I'm looking to play through the series as either a stalker or an archer but I absolutely can't stand the half naked leather armour models in this game. Is there anyway to mod my sprite appearance so it looks like mail or something instead? I don't want to cheat or alter the mechanics in anyway. Just the PC sprite or armour model that's displayed for BGEE and BG2EE.

Thanks!

Comments

• DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the proper section.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2017
    You would need to modify the armor itself. Open up the leather armor you want to change in Near Infinity (the file name should start with LEAT for most of them, but if not, you can search for the name with CTRL-F), then you can change the leather so it shows up as chain mail or plate mail instead.

Let's say you wanted to change the appearance for ordinary, nonmagical studded leather. At the left side of the Near Infinity menu should be a list, starting with 2DA up at the top. Double-click on "Items" and go down to LEAT04.ITM. Click "Edit" up at the top, just above the name "Studded Leather." You should see this:

Go to "Equipped Appearance," select "Chain mail" in the menu below, click "Update value," and then "Save." Then, anyone who wears studded leather will appear to be wearing chainmail instead. The chainmail might be brownish, which I doubt, but you can tweak the colors by fiddling with the "Set color" effects (which you could find by scrolling all the way down to the bottom).

If other party members also wear studded leather (such as your thieves) and you don't want to change their appearance, you can also create a copy of the studded leather, give it a name of your choosing, and then add it to your Archer or Stalker using the console or EEKeeper. This will let you change your rangers' appearance without affecting anyone else.

Changing the appearance of the armor has no effect on gameplay; the AC and everything will all be the same.