Skip to content

Throne of Bhaal romance didn't start

bumdogbumdog Member Posts: 3
Hello Beamdog forums,

I'm playing through the Enhanced Edition of Throne of Bhaal and, for the first time ever, I managed to successfully complete Shadows of Amn with a successfully completed romance of Viconia. However, now that she's in my party in Throne of Bhaal, she has not initiated any romance dialogues whatsoever. I've left the Pocket Plane, roamed the streets of Saradush doing the side quests there, and even left the game idling for hours on end. On the plus side, plenty of banters have triggered from my party members. Unfortunately, none of them have been from Viconia.

So, what gives? I've loaded up my save in EE Keeper and checked to see if my romance variables are what they should be, and everything appears to be kosher. From what I've read online, a lot of these romance talks are triggered by story events. However, it seems as though I should be having my first Viconia chat not too long after landing on the streets of Saradush.

Surely, this is not normal, right? I'd love it if somebody had any advice for me. Thanks.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    loaded up my save in EE Keeper and checked to see if my romance variables are what they should be, and everything appears to be kosher.

What did you check
    Global("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) obviously
    what about those?
    Global("ExpLoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
    Global("BeginRomanceTimer","LOCALS",1)
    And a timer set to eight hours after you started ToB
    Global("ExpViconiaRomance","GLOBAL") with a timer value
  • bumdogbumdog Member Posts: 3
    I've tried using the console to edit all of these values, though I don't find all of them in EE Keeper. ExpViconiaRomance is set to 7086657, in my most recent save. I'm sure I'm missing something here.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    bumdog said:

I've tried using the console to edit all of these values, though I don't find all of them in EE Keeper. ExpViconiaRomance is set to 7086657, in my most recent save. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

There are Locals in the code above, I don't use EE keeper anymore but I remember those were stored on the respective cre somewhere not under the globals. Otherwise you can easily read them out with the console C:GetGlobal("blalbla","Locals") with your cursor over the cre that is supposed to have the Local.
    Also setting a local with console requires to have the right creature selected when entering it. (LOCALS always means local to one specific creature).
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    In my current run, Viconia's resume-the-romance dialogue triggered (when I rested, IIRC) whilst I was still in the Grove of the Ancients, so it was well before reaching Saradush.

Interesting that leaving the game running produced *no* banters from Viconia, there should have been a few ordinary banters from her even if you weren't in a romance with her. This suggests that there's some glitch preventing her from talking at all. Have you tried force-talking to her? (Doing that will sometimes free up a glitched dialogue.)
  • bumdogbumdog Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017

bumdog said:

There are Locals in the code above, I don't use EE keeper anymore but I remember those were stored on the respective cre somewhere not under the globals. Otherwise you can easily read them out with the console C:GetGlobal("blalbla","Locals") with your cursor over the cre that is supposed to have the Local.
    Also setting a local with console requires to have the right creature selected when entering it. (LOCALS always means local to one specific creature).
    Alright, so now I've been able to determine that my ExpLoveTalk value is set to 3. I wish I knew what that meant.

Also, found out that Viconia's "LoveTalk" value is set to 77.

OK, one more update: I set the ExpLoveTalk value to 1, traveled to the Pocket Plane, walked over to where the challenge takes place and Viconia finally piped up.
    So I guess I just got a bug that caused Viconia to skip to ExpLoveTalk 3, which would meant that early dialogues would have been skipped over and her romance would have either never have triggered or would not have been until several story events took place. Thank for the advice, PaulaMigrate. Now I have the motivation to keep playing.
    Post edited by bumdog on