Skip to content

What happened to Mazzy's quest?

I was told before I ever took Mazzy in my party that after she had been with me for a while that somebody would show up from Trademeet and call her back for some family problems. Well, I have had her for QUITE a while, and no messenger. While I was doing the Trademeet quests I dropped into the Fentan home and everything was lovey dovey. Did this get removed?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It's still there - it just takes a very long time to start. Roughly one in-game week, give or take a day or two.
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156
    "Time spent with party: 61 days 1 hour" :(
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    You can "summon" the messenger using the console. Solution from here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/community/threads/danno-not-appearing-in-mazzys-quest.18592/

Spawn Danno with:

C:CreateCreature("DANNO")

If he starts with the dialogue from Trademeet, check the solutions further down on the page:

C:SetGlobal("DannoBeginsPalaPlot","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("Pala","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("SpawnDanno","GLOBAL",0)
    C:SetGlobal("SpawnDannoTimer","GLOBAL",1)

If he still begins with the Trademeet dialogue, summon him and then enter this command before he can speak to Mazzy.

C:SetGlobal("DannoBeginsPalaPlot","GLOBAL",1)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Attalus - did you get the earlier Mazzy quest, challenging Gorf the Squisher? Or did that also fail to trigger?
  • AttalusAttalus Member Posts: 156

@Attalus - did you get the earlier Mazzy quest, challenging Gorf the Squisher? Or did that also fail to trigger?

Yep. No prob there

• James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    To get Mazzy's 2nd personal quest ("Mazzy's quest part 2"):

- Rescue her from her jail cell
    - Destroy the altar with her in the party (note this means one party member must be swapped out for Mazzy and will thus lose 45k xp; swap out a fighter type)
    - Finish all Trademeet quests (without Mazzy is ok): the feuding families/Alibakkar; and the skin dancer/Jenia
    - Adventure with Mazzy in the party continuously for 15 days (game time; tested in BG2 only)
    - Return to Trademeet to be greeted by Danno; do the quest (worth about 47k xp in total)

I don't know if you must do Gorf the Squisher quest to get the above personal quest.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I can confirm that Gorf is not required to trigger the above quest. It runs independant.