Skip to content

Weimer's Item Upgrade mod

QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
It works wihout problems AFAIK and is one of my favorite mods for BG2. I just wanted to mention @CamDawg @jcompton as I read on a forum they have a v41 which is otherwise not available for download anywhere.

Could I ask either of you two guys for the changelog or the whole mod? Any compatibility/balance changes perhaps for BG2EE (as v40 was aimed fo BG2)?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2017
    Yesterday I got v41.
    Thanks to @CamDawg it's now EE compatible.
    Post edited by egbert on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    You're link is FUBAR'd @egbert - here's a link to the announcement instead.
    Bug Report

Cespenar offers to create items although needed unique parts can't be found in ToB.

p.e.
    - Holy Buckler
    - Better Azuredge

This is by design--Cespenar has always offered to upgrade stuff if you have some of the components, even if the remaining components are impossible to obtain.
    CamDawg said:

This is by design--Cespenar has always offered to upgrade stuff if you have some of the components, even if the remaining components are impossible to obtain.

Then this should be changed, too.
    The "list" should be as short as possible.
    It's done that way so that Cespy and Cromwell can hint you towards items you need to finish upgrades. There's really no way for them to know if you don't have the item because it's permanently unavailable vs. it's a quest you haven't done yet/you just dropped it in a chest somewhere/sold to a merchant but you can buy it back. Hence it errs on the side of caution and presents the upgrades.