Skip to content

Give to my man, Keldorn, two weapons!

Hello guys,

I love Keldorn, he is my guy! I always take him when I play a good boy scoot. I always give him Caso and gauntlet of deX. So of course I cannot play with Amonen for that reason..

But if you play a paladin yourself, a Cavalier (for example), why not keep Caso for you and try other possibilities with Keldorn. Dual flail Foa+defender and then Crom fayer more or less with foebane.
With this, you can have two front liners with 25 strength and more APR!

...or maybe it's stupid :) and you let the boy with Caso . Tell me

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I wouldn't generally have two Paladins in the same party, because I prefer to include as wide a range of skills as possible. I've therefore never taken Keldorn (except briefly for his quest) when my protagonist has been a Paladin.

If I were to take Keldorn along with a Paladin protagonist, then I'd probably be more tempted to leave Carsomyr with Keldorn and equip other weapons on my protagonist, because I could build his/her proficiencies accordingly from the start.
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    Ok @Gallowglass ! Maybe you're right, 2 two pallies is too much!
    Maybe the old fashion style is better, Ranger/C + Keldorn with Caso
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    One of my favorite runs was with a Cavalier. I brought both Keldorn and Anomen with me and did just fine without the dexterity gauntlets. Don't forget, Anomen can use cleric buffs and a shield and there ARE potions of dexterity for those fights where a few points of AC make a difference. My Cavalier dual wielded Purifier and the Flail of Ages, Anomen used Crom Faer or the Mace of Disruption with a shield, leaving Keldorn with Carsomyr. Good times...
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    I'm partial to running Keldorn with Foebane and Purifier, myself. Someone's got to put those Bastard Swords to use, and Foebane is almost as cheesy/broken as Carsomyr is, anyway.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Purifier is really the only 1h weapon that deserves special attention here, as the others are basically the same regardless of what the rest of the party looks like. That really should be the deciding factor - what else is there to pass around, and who to pass it to. Depending on setup, particular characters may make better (or worse) use of a given weapon, but that really varies with many different factors.

In general, think about what you want from your weapon combo. If you are dual-wielding and care about damage above all else, then there is nothing better for the offhand than a +1 APR weapon (I mean that literally, it's mathematically superior to pretty much everything). If you are also concerned about other things, however, you may want to use something else. A weapon with particular defensive skills on it, for example (e.g. Defender of Easthaven) or particular immunities to some effect (though you can always just switch those in on the fly, too).

For the main hand, the general trifecta of power is, if I remember the unmodded game correctly, Flail of Ages+5, Foebane+5, and Crom Faeyr (Club of Detonation+5 is up there as well, but can go terribly wrong at times). FoA of course may preclude you from using Improved Haste, so in that case something else may be better.

Since you already mentioned Crom Faeyr, my suggestion would therefore be to use that with a +APR offhand, and watch things fall over left and right.