TOB - Load a save teleport the party at the entrance of the first zone

JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
edited June 2017 in Troubleshooting
BG2 EE 2.3.67.3, fresh install.

- Create a new TOB game with Abdel
- Speak with the stone
- Save
- Load

Abdel is teleported at the entrance no matter what.
Same bug if I save in the pocket plane, my party is teleported at the entrance of the first zone and can't leave.

It's very annoying.

Post edited by Jinashi on

Comments

• JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    Nobody can help me :'(
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Loading the supplied save drops reputation by 1, and moving to the combat point sees Illasera turn up. Killing her sees the pocket plane scene play out. Saving and reloading at that point works as expected. Does that save load ok for you?
    edited June 2017
    Very strange.
    If I use your save, it's works. But if I load your save, I create a new save and reload ... the bug returns !
    Is this for PC, Mac or Linux. & any other details, e.g. being played in English or another language, any mods installed at all, which app store (Steam, Beamdog, GOG), whether Steam cloud saves are enabled etc.

Thanks
    edited June 2017
    - PC
    - Windows 10 (French)
    - The game is in English
    - No mod installed at all
    - Beamdog
    - The path of the save are "C:\Users\Clément\Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\save"
    - The path of the game are "C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Games\00783"
    - I have BG:SoD, BG II: EE, IWD: EE and Planescape: Tournament: EE installed
    - baldur.ua and a screenshot of my game folder is in the rar file
    Hi
    The saves should be in documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save. The Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition folder should not contain game specific information.

What happens if you install to somewhere like c:\games\beamdog

- I install in the folder "C:\Users\Clément\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Games\00783"
    - I delete the "C:\Users\Clément\Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\save" folder
    - I launch BG2
    => The folder "C:\Users\Clément\Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\save" is recreated
    => The bug is present

- I install in the folder "D:\Games\BeamDog\00783"
    - I delete the "C:\Users\Clément\Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition\save" folder
    - I launch BG2
    => A new folder is created "C:\Users\Clément\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition"
    => The bug disappear

It's strange but ... it works. Thank you !