Skip to content

([BG1] Bug) Stealth/Hide In Shadows (0824)

BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
edited September 2012 in Fixed
Press F6 - Hide In Shadows
Either you fail or succeed.
Assume succeeded.
Press F6 again - Leaving Shadows.

Whether or not you actually do leave shadows CHARNAME is still faded.
Post edited by Bhryaen on
Bhryaen

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - Thieves are no longer invisible after leaving shadows. This does make a bit of a problem with invisibility effects, about a round of being visible before the items effect rekicks.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Balquo
    I'm not sure what the original problem is. Are you saying that when "Leaving Shadows" appears that they should become visible immediately?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Tanthalas They should become visible. As of now I'm confused whether or not I'm still hidden.
    Tanthalas
    @Balquo
    I guess its just me. When I see the message:

"Leaving shadows"

I always interpreted it as "I'm starting to leave shadows I should be careful". When you actually backstab someone or open something doesn't that immediately make you visible?
    DukeOfSuffolkg314
    @Tanthalas - What I got out of it is when you manually cancel the hide in shadows mode by hitting the button again you should stop being invisible because you are no longer hiding. This wasn't happening.
    Tanthalas
    @SethDavis

Ah, yes, that makes more sense.
    Confirmed Fixed in Build 0815

When you're hiding if you select Hide in Shadows again you immediately become visible again.

@SethDavis
    There's one issue though, when you attempt to Hide in Shadows you're always getting an extra "Hide in Shadows Succeeded" line.

Basically, if I succeed I see this:

Hide in Shadows Succeeded

And if I fail to Hide in Shadows I get this:

Leaving Shadows
    Hide in Shadows Failed
    edited August 2012
    @Tanthalas - Yeah, I'll grab that now. Not sure where the thread for the turning undead string was but that's where it started.

Detect traps and hide in shadows should no longer give redundant messages.
    I was wondering if that was related to this one.
    Moving to Found and Fixed.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed fixed:
    Instantly drop out of shadows when in shadows and clicking the stealth button. Excellent fix, @Balquo :-)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Bhryaen You meant SethDavis :D
    @Avenger_teambg
    Well, kudos to Seth too, but I meant that this is one of those things I've disliked about BG for a long time but didn't think to mention. Balquo did. :-)
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    I thought this was intentional, you cant search for traps and stealth at the same time, you would often have to toggle back and forth between the two and have to make a run for it before stealth faded if there was an npc on screen before you left stealth.

I hope this does not break back stab, the character always leaves shadows and starts the attack animation, but does not appear until the attack is rolled.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Then it should say "Leave Shadows" :p
    @Sharn

It doesn't break backstab.
    Well, I apologize if I jumped to conclusions, when most of the time you spend on forums is spent dealing with incompetent people, it can sometimes become a reflex to assume everyone is.

Will this change remove the ability to toggle back and forth between search and stealth, making it impossible to locate traps while enemies are nearby, or has this been addressed as well?
    @Sharn

That has been changed, so its currently not possible.
    edited September 2012
    @Sharn
    Literally and in entirety all this does (as mentioned above) is allow you to leave stealth instantly if you wish. In vBG you can click out but then you're forced to attack or toggle a container or speak to an NPC or else wait the compulsory several seconds for the stealth to "wear off."
    @Tanthalas

Well, that's disappointing, I remember there being a lot of nasty traps in BG2 that enemies practically stood on, now you will be forced to charge over the traps or pull a cheese move by sending someone to engage them and run back to your party in a different area.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Sharn said:

@Tanthalas

Well, that's disappointing, I remember there being a lot of nasty traps in BG2 that enemies practically stood on, now you will be forced to charge over the traps or pull a cheese move by sending someone to engage them and run back to your party in a different area.

I wouldnt consider setting an ambush as cheese.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    You can still locate/disable traps while under the effects of invisibility.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Hopefully stealth can be fixed so that you can still detect traps while stealthed... it would be annoying to find stealth options so limited in enhanced edition. Also, it would be nice if stealth wouldn't wear off when changing areas.. except if it would ruin plot.
    Now that everyone has forgotten this, it should be fixed as requested.