Skip to content

Have you tried any interesting Druid or Ranger kits lately?

Due to wanting to keep our games very stable for modding purposes, we don’t often change our installs. We tend to toss files back and forth between computers quite a bit and sometimes it only takes a slight difference to start seeing some wacky bugs due to the inconsistencies. But today is the day! Looking forward to trying a couple of new mods and updating others.

Due to needing a new set of saves for testing purposes, I will need to start from scratch and play through BGI again with a couple of new characters. It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it. ;)

One of the things that I thought I might try is a modded kit, but I’m not sure that there is one out there that would fit with my own preferences yet.

For Druids:
It must not nerf my insect or fire summoning spells.
It must not change or rebalance large parts of the original gameplay in other areas.
It must be installable as a single component.
It must be compatible with version 1.3 of the game.
If it adds the ability for druids to use traps, please do tell me about it! I’ve always thought that this ability would fit well with both druids and rangers.

For Rangers:
I think a kit that was more of a Druid/Ranger cross might be fun. Possibly with more of the thief abilities emphasized. Like the traps that I mentioned before. I wouldn’t mind if they gave up some close combat usefulness in favor of ranged ability and spells. I never use duel wield, charm animal or backstab.

In general, what sounds interesting, fun, adds role-play possibilities, is more important to me than that it be “perfectly balanced”.

We will no doubt eventually get around to trying our hand at kit modding, but it is currently at the bottom of our “must finish first” list. So I thought I would just ask others here if they have some “favorites” that they have been enjoying in their own games recently.
tbone1

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2017
    I don't use many modded kits as I enjoy multiclassing so much. That being said, I used to install the Justifier Ranger kit (I think its in faiths and powers). Its a more combat oriented Ranger that cannot cast any divine magic, but gets buffs to weapon damage and a selection of mage spells as abilities as they level, if I recall correctly.

*EDIT* I I think I got Divine Remix confused with Faiths and Powers.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Ravenslight
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Justifier and Feralan are nice for Rangers. Having the Weapon Speed bonus, Justifier is great to disrupt enemies casting, especially using darts or throwing daggers. Was able to break the casting of Stoneskin once or twice.

As for druids, I know only about three kits: Hivemaster, Lost Druid and Oozemaster (something like that). They are all awesome.
    RavenslightThacoBell
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Raduziel said:

Justifier and Feralan are nice for Rangers. Having the Weapon Speed bonus, Justifier is great to disrupt enemies casting, especially using darts or throwing daggers. Was able to break the casting of Stoneskin once or twice.

As for druids, I know only about three kits: Hivemaster, Lost Druid and Oozemaster (something like that). They are all awesome.

Do you happen to remember the name of the mod that those kits are found in?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ravenslight