Skip to content

major bug: multiplayer bg1

dos350dos350 Member Posts: 18
hi, i dont know if this has been talked about or not, but after recently trying to play online with a friend, having strange problem, he cant see my game in list, i cant see his, and games we do see are different,,,,

i tried disable my siege of dingospear dlc on steam, and wat do u know? it works

this shouldnt be so! thanks for understanding and i hope for fix for this

more games were in list without siege lol, people with it are missing out on hot multiplayer action online!

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    It's possible to play BG1 either through BGEE or through SoD (if you have that installed) - it sounds like your friend and you were not using the same game engine.
  • dos350dos350 Member Posts: 18
    i was deffinetly in the baldurs gate mode,, please try this 4 urself b4 replying if u want a better idea of wat i mean,,,

bg game hosted by user with SoD installed, cannot be seen by user without SoD and vica versa
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited June 2017
    I don't think this is a bug. This is inconvenient, yes (the fact you have to rename your DLC on Steam to disable it for the MP run), but to play in MP, all participants must have the same DLG.TLK file (the one with all the in-game strings). For obvious reasons BG:EE and BG:EE+SoD have completely different DLG.TLK files.