Skip to content

Import BG:EE to BGII (vanilla), is it possible?

Heya everyone!

I was wondering, is it possible to import a BG:EE character to the vanilla BGII game? Or is BGII:EE required for this?

Thanks!

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    A player character or an NPC?
    What do you want to do with the imported character?
    There are a lot of possibilities. I have imported a party from BGEE into IWDEE and played with them, it depends on what your intentions are. And your skills.
  • MyrnMyrn Member Posts: 5
    I would really enjoy playing through Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn with my BG1 Enhanced Ediction character.
    The thing is, I bought Baldur's Gate back when it was released, played it for years, then bought Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn. After a couple of years BG1 didn't work anymore on my pc so I got BG1 EE, which does work. Now I wonder if I can import my new BG1 EE character to my normal BG2 game, or if I need BG2 EE for that :)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    You can do it, but you need an editor (Near Infinity or EE Keeper) to adjust, e.g. the portrait and maybe some other things depending on which class you played in BGEE .
    • You export your character via the in-game export.
    • You go to user/youruserid/documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/characters >>>copy the MyPlayer.chr file (whatever you named him/her
    • Go to your BG2 directory and drop the file into folder characters
    • Start new BG2 game, in character creation screen import your chr
    • Start the game until the autosave. You will notice e.g. that your BGEE portrait no longer fits
    • Leave the game.
    • Open your autosave with Near Infinity and go to Baldur.gam in the save
    • Under player characters look for Charbase or the Name of your chr. Open it and change portraits and other non-fitting attributes.
    • Save the edited savegame and start again from your autosave to see if it's fine now.
    Myrn
  • MyrnMyrn Member Posts: 5
    Hey thanks!

I'll be sure to try this out first thing in the morning!
    Have a nice day!