Skip to content

Gahbreeil, a Bard's Tale

Welcome, Beamdog Forums. I am Gahbreeil, a man well versed in the obscura of dungeons & dragons, sword & sorcery as the mere notes presented below might prove correct.

Time

As the lightsource of the planet circles it on a set axis it decides whether it is daytime, mourn or nighttime, eeve in a particular region of the planet. The opposite region to the region illuminated where there is mourn, is the region where there is eeve and so all parts or regions of a planet are either illuminated or not rending the planet as under the influence of a lightsource. The lightsource allows the flora to live, it allows the fauna to use their eyes to see forms and not a blankness resulting from lack of light. And finally, a lightsource allows for the planet to have a time cycle. Events happen after one another and this is kinesse or the passage of events. Time is the cycle of the lightsource as it allows for precise understanding of passing events, the cycle being an event all the same to other events. The cycle takes exactly as much time as a combined mourn and eeve, each place experiences both beginnings and ends of mourneeve, therefore middles of those as well. This allows inhabitants of a planet to perceive the passage of time, because of periods of kinesse, just like the lightsource's cycle is a kinesse period.

Now for those of you who have missed the point of this examplary portrayal, the possibilities of such knowledge to be presented in a roleplaying game's story, or gameplay. Not only as something not available to the potential new player but also as something usable in situations of charisma, or use of magic. Interactive situations above combat itself, as use of magic could be similar to an interactive scene where we find out something, read or perform an action outside of the general movement/exploration part of the discussed RPG game. Combat itself being something accurately almost indiscernible from the general movement. And so interactive scenes should be as well. While the potential of a soundtrack allows for combat to be viewed as something beginning slowly.

It would be important for both slow and fast duels and multiplayer deathmatches to be considered before releasing a product where potentially, life is depicted accurately but in a fairytale or medieval miracle kind of way to enhance the roleplaying experience.

My foray into the video game world might be a bit time consuming, but you can clearly grasp the magnitude of the presented information in any world, be it real or fantasy. With not only the biologic life with it's intricacies and complications to consider but also to consider sight and vision, the passing of events in a realtime environment, civilized attempts at presenting such information in different languages, the level of any particular civilization and insights on how particular people have a grasp, or understanding of reality itself. Although perhaps trivial, it constitutes the basis of a physics system or rather of a well versed philosophical school.

I'd be glad to discuss AD&D as well as Asarlai and RPG's in overall. I'm considering replaying BG I and II in the Enhanced Edition variety. I wonder what the remakes might have in store to surprise me.

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Welcome, friend. I fear I have no words of wisdom to offer as my mind is currently occupied with mere survival. Still, I can scooch over a bit and offer you a seat near the fire.

Welcome to the forum. :)
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    welcome gahbreeil!