Skip to content

[MOD] Runescarred Berserker v 1.0 (for IWD EE)

kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Mods

THE RUNESCARRED BERSERKER

Dear adventurers, here is new kit for you! Runescarred Berserker, a mighty warrior capable of scarring magical runes onto his own skin, a unusial and interesting combination.

Description

RUNESCARRED BERSERKER

Deadly barbarians who bear magical runes carved into their flesh, Runescarred Berserkers are among the most feared of Rashemen's defenders. They are loyal body guards to the hathrans of the land and stand ready to unleash a storm of martial fury at a single word from any Witch.

CLASS FEATURES

Enrage
During 60 seconds , they have +2 bonus to damage and -2 bonus to armor class and thaco and +15 hit points. They are also immune fear, charm, hold, maze, imprisonment, and sleep. But after this effect ends, they lose the hitpoints given by the ability, which may kill the berserker and will becomed winded, which gives a +2 penalty to armor class and THACO and -2 penalty to damage.
After Enrage, then berserker becomes winded he receive a -1 cast time penalty for runescarring

Runescarring
A Runescarred Berserker knows a number of runescars equal to the amount shown on the table above. A runescar is a means of storing a spell, much like a scroll. The berserker knows only a limited number of spells with which to imbue runescars, selected from the runescarred berserker spell list below.
All runescar spells target only the runescarred berserker and a Runescarred Berserker can only have 7 scars scribed at a time.
The act of scribing a runescar is painful and deals damage, according to its level.
(lvl 1 - 3d2 dmg, lvl 2 - 4d3 dmg, lvl 3 - 6d3 dmg, lvl 4 - 12d2 dmg, all damage bypass resistances)
Then the runescar's magic is discharged, the rune fades to nothing but a faint outline. Typically, a berserker's skin is crisscrossed with dozens of old, discharged runescars.

Ritual scarring
Through frequent disfiguration of her own skin, a runescarred berserker gains 5% resistance vs slashing damage.

- At 1st level: gains Enrage, usable once per day. Additional uses are gained at 10 and 20 levels.
- At 3rd level: gains Runescar lvl1, 1 use per day
- At 6th level: Runescar lvl1, 2 uses per day
- At 8th level: gains Runescar lvl2, 1 use per day
- At 11th level: Runescar lvl2, 2 uses per day
- At 13th level: gains Runescar lvl3, 1 use per day
- At 15th level: gains Ritual Scarring
- At 16th level: Runescar lvl3, 2 uses per day
- At 18th level: gains Runescar lvl4, 1 use per day

SPELL LIST

Runescarred berserkers must select their spells known from the following list:

1st level- Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Armor of Faith, Invisibility Pure, True Strike.
2nd level- Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance, Blur, Keen Edge, Protection from Fire and Cold, Self Dispel
3rd level- Cloak of Fear, Death Ward, Additional Attack, Free Action, Empower Weapon, Neutralize Poison, Lesser Restoration
4th level- Improved Invisibility, Righteous Magic, Iron Skins, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.

DISADVANTAGES

- Can use only bladed weapons (swords, skimitars, katanas, axes)
- After Enrage, then berserker becomes winded he receive a -1 cast time penalty for runescarring
- Can get only 3 stars in them
- Limited to wear up to scale armor
- Must be chaotic
- Cannot use shields
- Cannot dual class
- 14 WIS, 10 INT

Spellbook

All runescars take damage then casted.
Level 1 - 3d2 dmg, level 2 - 4d3 dmg, level 3 - 6d3 dmg, level 4 - 12d2 dmg, all damage bypass resistances.
First level runescars has a casting time of 1, but on higher levels they become more difficult to scribe and gets a 2 casting time at second level, and 3 casting time on higher levels. Exception are Neutralize Poison and Lesser Restoration spells, they have a casting time of one.

1st level- Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Resist Elements, Invisibility Purge, True Strike.
2nd level- Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance, Invisibility, Keen Edge, Protection from Fire/Cold.
3rd level- Cure Critical Wounds, Death Ward, Additional Attack, Free Action, Empower Weapon.
4th level- Improved Invisibility, Neutralize Poison, Lesser Restoration, Righteous Magic, Iron Skins.

LEVEL 1
Divine Favor (Evocation)
Range: Self
Duration: 2 rounds
This spell grants the caster a +1 bonus to hit and damage rolls every 3 levels of the caster. The spell lasts for 2 rounds.

Protection From Evil (Abjuration)
Duration: 3 rounds/level
When this rune is scarred, a magical barrier forms around the recipient and moves with berserker. The barrier has three effects: First, it bestows a +2 bonus to the recipient's Armor Class and Saving Throws against attacks from evil-aligned opponents; second, it prevents summoned fiends from attacking the recipient; third, it makes the recipient immune to charm-based spells or effects (e.g. Charm Person, Charm Person or Mammal, Domination, and so on).

Invisibility Purge (Divination)
Duration: Instant
Any invisible enemies within the area of effect have their invisibility dispelled. This includes foes that are in sanctuary, misled, under the effects of Improved Invisibility or Shadow Door invisibility, etc.

Resist Elements (Abjuration)
Duration: 1 turn
When the spell is cast, it confers +20% resistance to all elemental attacks such as fire, cold, and electricity, whether magical or non magical from spells, weapons, wands, breath weapons, etc. The effect of a Resist Elements spell lasts 2 rounds or until dispelled.

True Strike (Divination)
Duration: 1 round

Upon the casting of this spell, the caster will gain temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future. Any attack roll made before the end of the next round gains a +10 perception bonus.

LEVEL 2
Bull's Strength (Alteration)

Upon application of this spell, the target's Strength is magically increased by +1 for every 3 levels for two turns.

Bear's Endurance (Alteration)

Upon application of this spell, the target's Constitution is magically increased by +1 for every 3 levels for two turns.

Blur (Illusion)
Duration: 3 rounds + 1 round/level
Blur causes the berserker's body to become blurred, shifting and wavering. This distortion gives him +1 to all Saving Throws, and all missile and melee attacks have a -3 penalty to hit berserker.

Keen Edge (Transmutation)
Duration: 10 turns

This spell makes a weapon magically keen, improving its ability to deal telling blows. This transmutation doubles the threat range of the weapon. A threat range of 20 becomes 18-20, and a threat range of 19-20 becomes 17-20.
Multiple spells don't stack.

Resist Fire and Cold (Alteration)
Duration: 1 round/level

When this spell is placed upon a creature, the creature's body is toughened to withstand heat and cold. Complete immunity to mild conditions (standing naked in the snow or reaching into an ordinary fire to pluck out a note) is gained. The recipient can somewhat resist intense heat or cold (whether natural or magical in origin), such as red-hot charcoal, a large amount of burning oil, flametongue swords, fire storms, fireballs, meteor swarms, red dragon's breath, frostbrand swords, ice storms, wands of frost, or white dragon's breath. In all of these cases, the temperature affects the creature to some extent. The recipient has all damage sustained by fire or cold reduced by 50%.

Self Dispel(Abjuration)

Self Dispel removes magical effects from berserker. This includes magically created items and the effects of spells and potions. It does not, however, affect magical items themselves.

Death Ward (Necromancy)
Duration: 1 turn/level
This spell protects the target from all forms of death magic for the duration of the spell. This includes, but is not limited to, Disintegrate; Power Word, Kill; Death Spell; and Finger of Death.

LEVEL 3
Cloak of Fear (Conjuration)
Duration: 3 rounds
Cloak of Fear bestows the caster with an aura of fear in a 3-ft. radius. All creatures that enter the cloak's area of effect must make a Save vs. Spell or flee in panic for 3 rounds. The aura does not affect undead creatures.

Empower Weapon (Transmutation)
Range:Self
Duration: 5 rounds

A berserker's weapon deals additional +1d6 magic damage for 5 rounds until he gets 18 level and for 10 rounds thereafter.

Free Action (Abjuration)
Duration: 1 turn/level, 18 level maximum

This spell gives the affected creature an immunity to magic that impedes movement (such as Grease, Web, or Slow spells) and negates the effects of paralysis and hold spells. The recipient of the spell can still be hasted and receive beneficial movement effects such as those granted by the boots of speed.

Additional Attack (Abjuration)
Duration: 5 rounds
This spell gets berserker an additional +1 attack per round for 5 rounds. This spell is stackable with effects from haste and similar spells.

Neutralize Poison (Necromancy)
When this spell is placed upon a poisoned individual, it immediately neutralizes any poison and restores 10 lost Hit Points.

Lesser Restoration (Necromancy)
When this spell is cast, the life energy level of the recipient is raised. This reverses any previous life energy level drain of the creature by a force or monster. The casting of this spell is very draining on the priest, and will likely require rest immediately after the casting, as it will cause days' worth of fatigue almost instantaneously. This spell has no effect on undead, constructs, or extraplanar creatures.

LEVEL 4
Improved Invisibility (Illusion)
Duration: 4 rounds + 1 round/level, maximum 18 level
This spell is similar to the Invisibility spell, but the recipient is able to attack, either with missile, melee weapons or spells, and remain unseen. However, telltale traces a shimmering allow an observant opponent to attack the invisible spell recipient. These traces are only noticeable when specifically looked for (after the invisible character has made runescarred berserker presence known). Attacks against the invisible character suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls, and the invisible character's Saving Throws are made with a +4 bonus.

Iron Skins (Alteration)
Duration: 1 hour, 6 skins maximum
When a Druid casts this powerful spell upon berserker's self, an outer skin of iron will move up from the ground, completely covering berserker. This skin is, of course, magical and will hinder the berserker in no way. The effect of this is to protect caster from physical attacks such as melee weapons and projectiles. For each skin the runescarred possesses, the spell will stop one attack, so he would be protected from the first 6 attacks made against caster, but the 7th would affect caster normally.
The skins will remain until berserker is affected by Dispel Magic, all of the skins are removed due to physical attacks, or the spell's duration expires. It is important to note that this will not protect the caster from any area attacks, such as Fireball.

Minor Globe of Invulnerability (Abjuration)
Duration: 2 rounds
This spell creates an immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere around the caster that prevents any 1st-, 2nd-, or 3rd-level spell effects from penetrating (i.e. the area of effect of any such spell does not include the area of the Minor Globe of Invulnerability). This includes innate abilities and effects from devices. However, any type of spell can be cast out of the magical sphere with no penalty. The globe can be brought down by a successful Dispel Magic spell.

Righteous Magic (Alteration)
Duration: 1 round/level, 18 level maximum
This is a powerful combat spell that enhances the runescarred's physical prowess, transforming berserker into a juggernaut of destruction. The effect adds 1 temporary Hit Point per level of the caster, adds 1 point of Strength every 3 levels of the caster (to a maximum of 25), and causes every successful hit to inflict maximum damage. The effects last for the duration of the spell or until dispelled.

Mirrors for download:
https://yadi.sk/d/vxIfgSmxczNme
Post edited by kensai on
JuliusBorisovPibaroGrammarsaladelminsterKidCarnivalRAM021AedanKamigoroshi

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Some Issues:

-----
    In spell list you have stoneskin
    In spell description you have iron skin.

-----
    The act of scribing a runescar is painful and deals damage, according to its level.

Do you mean you take damage when you scribe spells AND when you cast spells?

Anyway, an interesting kit :)

JuliusBorisovT2av
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Pibaro said:

Some Issues:

-----
    In spell list you have stoneskin
    In spell description you have iron skin.

-----

Do you mean you take damage when you scribe spells AND when you cast spells?

Anyway, an interesting kit :)

Oh, i'll quick fix it now.
    About runescars - you select a rune - then you receive damage (for scarring yourself) and then spell is casted automatically.
    PibaroRAM021
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Nice Kit, I will try it as soon as I have time for a new IWD walkthrough :)
    A question about runescars: From the description it sounds that you can store them for later use, but as far as I understand you comment, they are applied directly after you select a runescar?
    kensaielminster
    Darkersun said:

Nice Kit, I will try it as soon as I have time for a new IWD walkthrough :)
    A question about runescars: From the description it sounds that you can store them for later use, but as far as I understand you comment, they are applied directly after you select a runescar?

Yes you're right, then I'll fix description later to prevent misunderstanding :)
    RAM021
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I'm starting a new game and am going to give this kit a whirl, looks cool :smiley:
    edited March 2015
    Just an fyi, some of the icons have the wrong name now. For instance, Runes level 1, when I hit tab, now have someones name, and when I activate it, the dialogue box lists something about "Russian Translation provided by Dragonattack" or something like that. Probably something to do with the 1.4 update, that added Russian language support yea?
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2015
    The same for me, but it is just the text. The rest should work as intended.
    Also I have a request. Please make a BG:EE 1-2 version. I just love that Kit ;)
  • DurendalDurendal Member Posts: 32
    I'm guessing there's no hope of this being updated? That's a shame.
    Durendal said:

I'm guessing there's no hope of this being updated? That's a shame.

Hi!
    What do you think should be updated?

To All:
    What are your reaction on the mod?
    Is it overpowered or weak? What do you think should be improved?
    Well the thing that I know needs to be updated are the text strings for the abilities and such (see my post I made awhile ago.) Otherwise I don't recall anything being too overpowered or weak from when I played with the kit before.

Maybe lock out using runescars while enraged, if that is possible.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Would this work on a BGEE/BG2EE game with IWDification mod?
    @kensai I really enjoyed this mod in the past, and was thinking about trying it out again, but I see it has still not been updated. Do you have any plans to at least fix the invalid text strings and such? This is the issue I am referring to, which I posted a few years ago:

"Just an fyi, some of the icons have the wrong name now. For instance, Runes level 1, when I hit tab, now have someones name, and when I activate it, the dialogue box lists something about "Russian Translation provided by Dragonattack" or something like that. Probably something to do with the 1.4 update, that added Russian language support yea?"

The kit still works fine, but obviously having things come up as "invalid" or some random line ruins the experience. I hope you are able to find the time to polish this mod up a bit, because it is a good one :)
    RAM021