Skip to content

Thief Snares

Hello. Just a quick question here.. I am using Bounty Hunter normal and special snares for the first time ever and noticed that enemy's don't have to step directly on them but instead just enter in range for them to set off(they seem to shoot an arrow towards them). Range is similar to my character visibility range. Is it normal behavior? Game is modded so I fear something might be wrong.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    That's normal.
    Aerakarsemiticgoddess
  • WatchmakerWatchmaker Member Posts: 20
    That's very non-intuitive behavior then... even more because traps are represented in game by "bear traps" graphics... but if it is intended then no problem. Thanks for quick answer.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Think of them as area of effect traps, like a grenade or something.
    semiticgoddess
  • WrathofreccaWrathofrecca Member Posts: 98
    The bounty hunter is probably my favorite thief kit, which makes it a shame what happens to Yoshimo. :/
    Aerakarsemiticgoddess
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    @Wrathofrecca, this is all the more reason to play a charname bounty hunter :)

I recently played a BH and took Yoshimo along until spellhold as a back-up thief and also for role-play reasons, e.g. two BHs working as a team, sharing professional ideas, etc. Double traps was nice.
  • Snowdog13Snowdog13 Member Posts: 3
    I had the same experience with the icon being a bear trap, except I wonder why it wasn't a wire spool or something. Had to do it twice just to make sure what I was seeing. Bet someone could pretty easily mod it to a spool icon or something.
    Aerakar