Skip to content

How to post files/images? Step by step guide

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited August 2014 in Site Resources
Due to constant problems of forum users here and there, I've decided to make a thread where everyone can read how to attach an image/screenshot/file to your post.

On the courtesy of @Metalloman‌ and @elminster‌:

To post files/images:

1) What you do first is you attach it.
Click on "attach a file" under the text box;
Browse the path to your image/screenshot/file;

2) Then you go over the file's icon - the thumbnail (the thing on your post that looks like a white page with a corner folded on it) with your mouse cursor and...

3) Click on "insert image/file": a precompiled tag will appear in the text box;

4) At that point you can actually delete the original uploaded image/screenshot/file (click on "delete") if you want to get rid of the thumbnail.
elminsterMetallomankaguanaPibarololienBlackraventiguidoulunarTorgrimmer

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Thanks @bengoshi‌, great thread. Actually i didn't have too much problem with attaching files. But it was several weeks, that i learned, how to bookmark, a thread, or quote a post, so i can understand those, who have problems with attach file :)
    JuliusBorisovAnduin
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    imo forever play gifs should be in spoiler tags so people don't have to watch them if they don't want to

JuliusBorisovTarotRedhandricoyung
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2018
    How can I get the direct link (URL) to a specific post?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Luke93 said:

How can I get the direct link (URL) to a specific post?

@Luke93 Try hovering over the time of the comment - it should give you the link.
    Torgrimmer_Luke_lolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    That may depend on your browser - in Chrome you have to actually right-click and choose to copy the link address.
    JuliusBorisov_Luke_lolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    I see this getting over used but so far its allowed

Neverwinter Nights_ Enhanced Edition Cloaktower from nib on Vimeo.