Skip to content

Android version?

Quite possibly a stupid question, but here it goes...

I already have BGEE and BG2EE on an Android tablet. I also bough the Infinity Collection off of Steam for my PC since it was so cheap a week or so ago, so I have BGEE, BG2EE, and Siege of Dragonspear on my laptop. How do I go about getting Siege of Dragonspear for my tablet? The only purchase options I can find (here or on Steam) show PC, MAC, or Linux /SteamOS options, but I can't seem to locate the Android version. I would really like to have all 3 titles on both devices so I can play anywhere. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious, but it's been a long week.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Not overlooking anything. They are still working on getting SoD to tablets.
  • TorvaldsbergTorvaldsberg Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Ahh. That would explain it then. I appreciate the info.

I guess that prompts the next question of, is there an ETA on the Android version?
    Post edited by Torvaldsberg on
  • JuniperJuniper Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2017
    I hate to say it, but I think the Android release is being held to coincide with the iOS release. iOS apps currently have a 2gb size limit which has apparently been one of the biggest issues. Android has a 2gb limit for OBB files, but an app can use more than one, putting the cap at 4gb.

From what I understand (not 100% sure about the accuracy here), part of the issue is licensing, which requires them to sell it as an expansion pack (meaning the total file size is BG1 + SoD) rather than as a stand alone.

Sadly android gamers are far fewer in number than iOS gamers, so iOS release typically get priority (Android is also typically trickier to design for, since there are numerous different hardware sets to support rather than just one or two).

I've been waiting since release for the Android version. :( After playing on a tablet it's hard to go back.