Skip to content

Spoilers everyone - certain form

What does slayer form do? I have finished the SOA without ever using it, so I'm not familiar with it.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2017
    Slayer Change

When you use this ability, you take on the form of the brutal essence of Bhaal: a violent, powerful creature made of teeth and claws. Using this ability reduces your reputation by two points, as even those who do not witness the event can sense the corruption caused by giving yourself over to instinct.

The Slayer form grants the following benefits:

- Strength and Dexterity set to 25
    - Effective AC set to -9
    - Magic Resistance set to 40%
    - Saving Throws set to 2
    - Attacks per round set to 4 (1d8 crushing, 2 cold)
    - THAC0 set to 0
    - +100 Hit Points
    - Immunity to imprisonment, level drain, stun, and missile attacks

Not mentioned, but after 20 seconds of remaining in Slayer form, you start to take magic damage which gets higher for each round afterwards, up to 1500 damage. There are exploits to survive that damage (Protection from Magical Energy does not work as it temporarily sets your magic damage resistance to 0% to deal the fatal damage) which will allow you to stay in Slayer form indefinitely.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Out of curiosity, what exploits work?

And on a tangentially related note, since it's been a while since I last played through the game—the Slayer Form description says it gives +100 HP but IIRC there was a bug in the game that made it set your HP to 100 instead. Was this fixed?
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited July 2017
    @AndreaColombo I think I read about someone use Mirror Image to avoid the damage : one of the images take the damage instead of you. If you avoid the damage, then you can stay in the Slayer form permanently. I can't remember who, but I remember seeing a Dark Moon Monk becoming pretty much indestructible in the Slayer form.