Skip to content

Old All Things Mazzy Thread

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Ratatoskr said:

I'm going with the theory that the shadow thief stole that journal from one of Mazzy's party - though I admit that doesn't explain what the heck he's doing there. Maybe he got really, really lost.

Also, this mod isn't dead. @BCaesar should be done moving soon and hopefully we'll be able to get back to coding after that.

If that's the case, I suspect the reason he dies shortly after you show up is his superiors poison him for incompetence, what with his tendency to target powerful adventuring parties and only take their diaries. :)
    ThacoBell
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Just wanted to say that yes, this is still happening :)

We got a little sidetracked keeping Clara alive - because seriously, Mazzy would not be okay with one of her party members getting murdered right in front of her - amongst other things. At the moment, I'm just working on various bits of writing while waiting for @BCaesar to have time to code again.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Looking forward to it as hell :+1: I was always dreaming about Mazzy romance mod. And this ideas, that you guys put together sounds great.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Not sure who to tag here but @Ratatoskr I think I've stumbled on a pretty big bug. I'm at the finale of the cleric stronghold, and after I kill the Talosans, I get the "You dare interfere with Talos" line and get lightninged to death. As if I had stolen the Necklace again for MaeVar without returning it.
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    Any chance of adding EET compatibility to this mod? I've run this through the EET Mod Converter and included the changed files/log for your consideration.
    @ThacoBell Thanks for the update. We'll definitely look into it and see what the issue is. (By which I mean, I'll tell @BCaesar to look into it as soon as he's coding again :wink: ). It sounds like the quests might use the same variables and they got linked together mistakenly. My characters are rarely good enough to end up killing the Talosans but I'll try and see if I get the same bug. Our internal version is up to 1.035 so it's possible that's already fixed.

@hackinslash EET compatibility will be up to @BCaesar since he's the coder. Neither of us are EET players so we wouldn't really be able to test it, but if it's not too complicated, we can probably work something out.

Thank you all again for your patience. Not only has BCaesar moved and gotten a new job, but he's about to have another kid as well, so life is a little crazy. We will get back to this as soon as possible.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    Oh, and if you find any more bugs, please go ahead and tag us both. That will make it easier to find the record of them once we get back into the swing of things again.
    ThacoBell
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    @Ratatoskr Hopefully it'll be considered.
    edited January 2018
    @ThacoBell Okay, the cleric issue isn't a bug so much as neither BCaesar nor I knowing there was a quest to kill the Talosians. We'll try to fix that once he has time to code again, but I might have a workaround for now.

If you know how to use the console, try putting in C:SetGlobal("_bWrathofTalos","GLOBAL",4) after you've killed all the clerics of Talos. Unfortunately, I think you're gonna have to do it after you walk outside and start getting hit. Possibly multiple times. That's the way the trigger is set up.

EDIT: Don't use this fix. Use the TalosFix file on the next page instead.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    ThacoBell
    @Ratatoskr aw shoot. I had to restart to avoid instadeath, so I'm afraid I can't test it now. Sorry :(
    Dang. I was hoping you still had an older save floating around. Well, hopefully that will help anyone else with the same issue at least.
    I was thinking - do you plan Bodhi abduction in the romance story? I must say, that after all those years and countless mods I see it little bit of a cliché. Maybe some special cutscene where Arvoreen protects Mazzy, or something like that :i
    We've discussed it, though we haven't decided one way or another - or how it would go. It does seem sort of required to at least do something there.
    Caszidy
    Still plugging away. Still no ETA. The next update will hopefully have a working Clara. It probably won't fix the good Cleric/Talos quest issue, but I'm fairly certain you can get around that with the console.

Quick question. How many conversations do you think a friendship needs? Is there some kind of perfect number or does it just depend? We do plan to have conversations trigger throughout the game so you can't do all the content in chapter 2 and then have Mazzy be mute.
    ThacoBellCaszidyMirandel
    I am just thinking - with that Clara saving, does this mod became two NPCs mod? :smiley:
    Number of friendship talks is up to you guys, I am cheering for as many as possible for romance :wink:
    From number of interparty banters - what will be best party selection? I understand, that Korgan will have many banters, maybe Keldorn? Who else do you recomend?
    Sort of. We aren't planning on doing much with Clara beyond enough dialogue to make her workable (and this one little thing with Anomen) so she'll just be part of this mod for now. But an NPC mod in the sense that she's a new NPC. If someone else writes her more and we end up adding it, then maybe she could stand alone as well.

Good to know. The friendship will lead into the romance (with some talks having slight differences depending on whether you're romancing or not) so they're not entirely separate, but you should get a fair amount of talks for both. We haven't actually finished the romance yet but Mazzy will make you work for it :)

For inter-party banter, it kind of depends. Canon NPCs have lines in our new events and in response to some interjections, but longer banters are kind of random. With what we've already coded, Korgan, Jan, and Viconia are the best to have.

With what we've written but not yet coded, I'd add Edwin, Keldorn, and Hexxat (who you can get if you don't bring Mazzy to the tomb) so far, with more stuff for Viconia as well. I know BCaesar has ideas for Jaheira and possibly Valygar (and I'd kind of like to write some stuff with Sarevok or Rasaad), but I'm not sure if we'll manage that. We also plan to acknowledge most of the other romance possibilities (canon and modded) if you choose to go that route with Mazzy.

@BCaesar is pretty good about updating the first post to reflect what's coded and our wish list, so that's where I'd look for the best party make up in the future.
    Caszidy
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Ratatoskr said:

Sort of. We aren't planning on doing much with Clara beyond enough dialogue to make her workable (and this one little thing with Anomen) so she'll just be part of this mod for now. But an NPC mod in the sense that she's a new NPC. If someone else writes her more and we end up adding it, then maybe she could stand alone as well.

Good to know. The friendship will lead into the romance (with some talks having slight differences depending on whether you're romancing or not) so they're not entirely separate, but you should get a fair amount of talks for both. We haven't actually finished the romance yet but Mazzy will make you work for it :)

For inter-party banter, it kind of depends. Canon NPCs have lines in our new events and in response to some interjections, but longer banters are kind of random. With what we've already coded, Korgan, Jan, and Viconia are the best to have.

With what we've written but not yet coded, I'd add Edwin, Keldorn, and Hexxat (who you can get if you don't bring Mazzy to the tomb) so far, with more stuff for Viconia as well. I know BCaesar has ideas for Jaheira and possibly Valygar (and I'd kind of like to write some stuff with Sarevok or Rasaad), but I'm not sure if we'll manage that. We also plan to acknowledge most of the other romance possibilities (canon and modded) if you choose to go that route with Mazzy.

@BCaesar is pretty good about updating the first post to reflect what's coded and our wish list, so that's where I'd look for the best party make up in the future.

Several years ago there was a guy writing a stand alone Clara mod. He did not have time to finish it back then, but now he is back. The problem is - he still has no time for coding, but ready to write all the dialogs: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56877-mod-clara-the-mistshadow-bg2ee/page-3

Would it be something you are interested in?
    Caszidy
    If our styles mesh then it's a possibility. But currently our main problem is that BCaesar doesn't have time to code and I don't have time to learn. That's why I'm focusing on finishing the friendship and romance writing bits for now.
    Caszidy
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Slow progress is still a progress :) If that guy joins your team, who knows, may be that progress become a bit faster?
    Caszidy
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    ThacoBell said:

Not sure who to tag here but @Ratatoskr I think I've stumbled on a pretty big bug. I'm at the finale of the cleric stronghold, and after I kill the Talosans, I get the "You dare interfere with Talos" line and get lightninged to death. As if I had stolen the Necklace again for MaeVar without returning it.

I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. It's on the to-do list.

Ok general update. I moved, got several jobs, had another kid, and generally have been busy. However, I do plan on continuing this as soon as I have time. However, I'm the one doing all the coding so any further updates are waiting on me. So you can either wait or badger Ratatoskr into learning how to code :) .
    ThacoBell

Any chance of adding EET compatibility to this mod? I've run this through the EET Mod Converter and included the changed files/log for your consideration.

I would want to finish the mod first before I get started on EET. One thing at a time.
    ThacoBell said:

I'm curious, what was the basis for determining that Mazzy's party were all halflings? Especially since the Shade Lord was using Patrick's body, that at the very least, Patrick was either human/elf/half-elf.

"When asked about her past, MAZZY proudly states that she has spent numerous years adventuring around Amn with her other halfling comrades, basing out of her home town of Trademeet. The thought of Patrick and her other companions and their fates brings a shadow across her face, however. Mazzy is a dedicated servant of Arvoreen, the halfling god of war, and she resents the common perception by the bigger races that the stout folk cannot defend themselves or act with valor. If she could, Mazzy would be a paladin and battle against evil in Faerûn with the full power of her god to aid her."
    ThacoBell
    I keep forgetting that character bios are a thing.
    Yup, that button really does go somewhere :) Although, to be honest, I forget that too.

edited September 2017
    And @BCaesar I've joined like half a dozen DnD groups, I barely have time to write ;) . I have made some progress on our friendship and interjections since the last time I mentioned it but at some point we need to have a chat about how we want the latter half of the romance to work out.

How to deal with Bodhi at the very least and maybe TOB. I would like us to have proper epilogues.
    ThacoBell
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    You're horrible people. You ruined Baldur's Gate II. And my life.
    @Elendar Whoohoo, 1 person down. Several billion to go.
    (Assuming that you were saying that as ordered on BCaesar's masterpost ;))
    ThacoBellElendar
  • AchaeanAchaean Member Posts: 9
    Greetings good fellows.

Mazzy has always struck me as an interesting character that could have been taken much further and perhaps have given races like dwarves, halflings and gnomes some love in terms of romance. I've no clue what the expected time is for this to reach the final stages but it sounds great and I hope the good work continues.

In it's present state is it safe to assume that the romance portion of it has not been touched upon yet? I imagine that wouldn't be included unless it was finished, yes?
    @Achaean No, the romance is not included yet. There are several interjections that make it worth downloading now for Mazzy lovers. There is a kind of major bug, killing the Talosians (perhaps as part of the cleric stronghold quest) incurs the wrath of Talos and instakills you outside. There is a console command provided above that fixes it.
    Has the Mazzy romance curse struck again?
    Caszidy
This discussion has been closed.