Skip to content

Jaheria Easter Egg

Hey everyone.

Did you know if you name your CHARNAME ''Jaheria'' and pick thier race and class as half-elf and fighter/druid her portrait changes to what it looks like in the original Baulders Gate?

JuliusBorisovMontresor_SP

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    That's right, it has nothing to do with CHARNAME's class or race, simply the portrait.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovlolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    argent77 said:

It's not limited to Jaheira. Every joinable NPC uses an alternate portrait if the protagonist is using their default portrait.

For example, Anomen may use Ajantis' portrait, Jan uses Tiax's portrait and Haer'Dalis turns into Eldoth.

It's like everyone goes down a peg, except Anomen, who inexplicably becomes more decent.
    Montresor_SPArtonaThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    jsaving said:

That's right, it has nothing to do with CHARNAME's class or race, simply the portrait.

Thats not true for Aerie. This is already checked.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2017
    argent77 said:

It's not limited to Jaheira. Every joinable NPC uses an alternate portrait if the protagonist is using their default portrait.

For example, Anomen may use Ajantis' portrait, Jan uses Tiax's portrait and Haer'Dalis turns into Eldoth.

My first thought: "Heh, I use Plasmocat's Eldoth for Haer'Dalis anyways".

My second thought: "Hrm, wonder what the other substitutions would look like".
    DreadKhan said:

argent77 said:

It's like everyone goes down a peg, except Anomen, who inexplicably becomes more decent.
    And Jaheira, whose BG1 portrait is FAR better.

/micdrop
    AndreaColombo
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

argent77 said:

My first thought: "Heh, I use Plasmocat's Eldoth for Haer'Dalis anyways".

My second thought: "Hrm, wonder what the other substitutions would look like".
    DreadKhan said:

argent77 said:

And Jaheira, whose BG1 portrait is FAR better.

/micdrop
    Yeah, I meant personality wise, but ymmv.

@argent77 what portrait does Aerie switch to?
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    DreadKhan said:

argent77 said:

Becoming the Great Tiax is going down a peg? Blasphemy! None are grander than Tiax!
    AndreaColombotbone1