Skip to content

Enhanced Edition Trilogy?

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
What exactly is it? I understand that it allows you to play the entire series from start to finish with no interrruption. Does it change the story in any dramatic way? Because I wouldn't want to install a mod that does that.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017

What exactly is it? I understand that it allows you to play the entire series from start to finish with no interrruption. Does it change the story in any dramatic way? Because I wouldn't want to install a mod that does that.

EET does not change the story at all.

What it does you find here http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27752

BTW - I know not any mod that changes the story in any dramatic way. Because if any mod did that, it would be incompatible with any other mod for the game.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2017
    @PaulaMigrate
    How do I run the backups in BWS to delete all my mods so I can install EET?
    Your currently modded game was installed with BWS? If not, there is no BWS backup to use.
    Note also that for an EET install you need a clean BGEE game AND a clean BG2EE. If you have a steam or gog game version you need to run modmerge in the BGEE before commencing.
    Personally, I never used the BWS restore, I simply delete my game folders and do a new install. It's much faster and I know what I get.
    markzaku
    @PaulaMigrate
    So if I delete my game folders with all the mods in them and then reinstall the game will it bring the folders back clean? Also will it delete my current version of EET properly so I can create a new one, because I ran into a few bugs during installation and also installed several mods I didn't want to despite the BWS claiming I could uncheck them.

Will it get rid of EE Keeper or is that seperate?

@PaulaMigrate
    So if I delete my game folders with all the mods in them and then reinstall the game will it bring the folders back clean? Also will it delete my current version of EET properly so I can create a new one, because I ran into a few bugs during installation and also installed several mods I didn't want to despite the BWS claiming I could uncheck them.

EET installs/changes files in both games BGEE and BG2EE - if you delete both and make a clean install, everything is gone, If you have Gog or steam game you need to use modmerge on BGEE before installing mods.
    Not sure where EE Keeper is installed, I never use that, I prefer Near Infinity which I install outside of any game folders so I always have it at hand.
    tbone1
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

@PaulaMigrate

EET installs/changes files in both games BGEE and BG2EE - if you delete both and make a clean install, everything is gone, If you have Gog or steam game you need to use modmerge on BGEE before installing mods.
    Not sure where EE Keeper is installed, I never use that, I prefer Near Infinity which I install outside of any game folders so I always have it at hand.
    EEKeeper isn't installed anywhere, it's just an executable, and you indicate it where you installed your game. And concerning NI, you have to put it into the game folder don't you? It's a java executable so no installation or anything
    edited July 2017
    Arunsun said:

@PaulaMigrate

EEKeeper isn't installed anywhere, it's just an executable, and you indicate it where you installed your game. And concerning NI, you have to put it into the game folder don't you? It's a java executable so no installation or anything
    It's just the other way round,
    NI is just NearInfinity.jar which starts a java application. You afterwards point it to one or more chitin.key(s).
    NI is independent of any installed game and you can switch to any BG or IWD or PST game be it EE or old.
    EE Keeper can be installed just anywhere as you afterwards need to point it to you game install directory and your savegames.

In both cases, there is no need to put them into the game directory - I would even recommend not to do it, so you can keep them in case of uninstall.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @PaulaMigrate
    Any idea how to configure it so it can find my EET Trilogy games?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2017

@PaulaMigrate
    Any idea how to configure it so it can find my EET Trilogy games?

Which tool you mean EEKeeper or NI?
    @PaulaMigrate
    EE Keeper
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Arunsun said:

@PaulaMigrate

It's just the other way round,
    NI is just NearInfinity.jar which starts a java application. You afterwards point it to one or more chitin.key(s).
    NI is independent of any installed game and you can switch to any BG or IWD or PST game be it EE or old.
    EE Keeper can be installed just anywhere as you afterwards need to point it to you game install directory and your savegames.

In both cases, there is no need to put them into the game directory - I would even recommend not to do it, so you can keep them in case of uninstall.
    Well I've always put NI into the game folder (as I read someone who said to do so) so I never had to point it to a chitin.key hence my confusion.

But EEkeeper is just the same in the end