Skip to content

Polymorh Self Flind form and a Berserker's Berserk

So, I just recently learned that when using Polymorph Self and changing into a Flind will use the player's halberd proficiency, so in the case of a pure mage this is terrible (a +5 penalty).

Now this got me thinking, if I were to go berserker, get to lv13 and max halberd + twohanded fighting style and then dual class to mage to use Polymorph Self into a Flind, am I still able to use the berserk ability while tranformed?

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Surely if you go to all that effort you'd be better off just fighting in normal form?
  • KetsubanKetsuban Member Posts: 5
    I really like the look of the Flinds, and it looks like a fun way to make the form just a little bit more viable (even if it is still bad)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If you want to play as a Flind, you could use EEKeeper to actually change your character into one. There was a playthrough posted somewhere on here where someone did just that.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Ketsuban said:

I really like the look of the Flinds, and it looks like a fun way to make the form just a little bit more viable (even if it is still bad)

Ah, right. That's fair enough.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    That's weird. I played with an evil wizard once whose familiar was able to polymorph into a Flind and IIRC it got no penalty for using that weapon.
  • KetsubanKetsuban Member Posts: 5
    I seem to be reading lots of conflicting stuff online, some say flind get penalties if character has no halberd proficiency, other say they don't. When I get back from work I'll do some testing