Skip to content

Saved Games Disappeared.

I looked at several posts but most of those deal with Mac. I'm running WIndows 10 and have been playing BGEE on Steam. I have been playing for about a month when I sign on today and there are no saved games that show up in the game now. It is just a blank page. I checked the mydocuments folder and the saved games are all in the correct folder, but the game cannot find them. Is there a solution to this problem? As far as I know I didn't do anything to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2017
    What folder are the saves in? Make sure if you are playing in single player that they are in the "save" folder and not in the "mpsave" folder

(or if they are saves for Siege of Dragonspear they should go in the "sodsave" folder)
    JuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Also if you have Siege installed make sure that you are on the right menu when you start the game. If you want to play the original bg1 campaign you want to click the skull icon found on the bottom right of this image. That should lead you to the menu you can use to load up those saves.

JuliusBorisov
  • starstrykstarstryk Member Posts: 2
    Ahem......well don't I have egg on my face. Apparently I had clicked on the expansion and did not realize I had done so. Of course I have not played the expansion yet......so there were no saved games there. Once I selected Baldurs Gate they were all there. Just didn't realize it when I restarted I guess. Thanks for the help!
    JuliusBorisovelminster