Skip to content

[BUG (from BG1)] AR5200 doesn't like Full Mages

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited July 2012 in Fixed
OBSERVED:
Surely this is just another of my oops posts, but... I just confirmed it with vBG1 as well which suffers the same exact thing, so...

I was just forming a random new character to test an encounter in AR5200 and discovered an oddity. When in Candlekeep my mage could move and cast spells just fine. When I teleported out to AR5200 I found that the char is in a semi-perpetual attack stance, and when I click the ground ahead, the char only moves a small portion of the distance. Then it won't move at all unless I click elsewhere- in which case it's again only a portion of the distance. I tried casting "Clairvoyance" from a scroll in Candlekeep this way- all ok- but in AR5200 (when the casting is begun at all) the casting is interrupted part-way through. For sure the drop of the spell scroll count shows an attempt to cast was made.

I've now tested this with multiple races as well as both male and female- same thing happens with all full mages, including gnome illusionists.

Something about AR5200 makes my mages oddly revert to an attack pose.

I also made a human fighter and ported over. No problems at all. My elf F-M-T has had no issues in AR5200 either. I also ported my elf mage over to AR5100, AR5000... no problems at all- moving about or casting scrolls. Back to AR5200, the problems return.

EXPECTED:
Make AR5200 leave my mages alone! The nerve of that AR...
Post edited by Bhryaen on
IgneoustenaCrevsDaak

Comments

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    ...Could you post a save file?
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Coriander
    I'll try when I get home. Is it possible to add it here with "Attach a file" or do I need to send it some other way? I'll try here first
    Cuv
    @Bhryaen You can zip the folder with that save in it and attach that.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I confirmed this also. But battle posture is intermittent. It seems to occur near spawn points perhaps? I cant see anything else in the area that would cause it myself.

here is a save in the area with a very low level mage character, but it is not currently happening and has gone for now.
    @Coriander
    This is from just after porting over. It's most noticeable that way. Like @Cuv says it's intermittent, but it's constant. Plus it happens frequently enough that you can't cast spells, and if you kill whatever creature is southeast of that corner and try to loot the bag, it will cancel the loot window.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited June 2012
    @Bhryaen - I'm not seeing this now, would you mind confirming it's still a problem when you get the new build?

Oh, wait a minute, third time's the charm i guess
    Post edited by SethDavis on
    @SethDavis
    Yeah, it's not always apparent at first. You have to try moving across longer areas. You'll eventually start to see the attack posture interruptions in most every action you attempt. Plus spellcasting/ casting from scrolls is also interrupted 90% of the time. And again- keep in mind that it's also happening in vanilla BG1...
    :D

IF
    HPLT(StrongestOf,5)
    Global("GnollFightOver","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SmallWait(1)
    ActionOverride(StrongestOf,SmallWait(1))
    Dialogue([PC])
    END
    BhryaentenaIgneousCrevsDaak
    OK, I've fixed it. Mages should be able to do whatever they want in AR5200.
    @Coriander
    :-) So that simple script was throwing mages off somehow? Due to low STR?
    @Bhryaen Due to HP less than 5
    Ha! LTHP... I'll learn basic scripting yet >:-)

Thanks, @Coriander
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    @Bhryaen Due to HP less than 5
    The script is ok, just give mages more than 4hp at level 1 ;)

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2012
    Should at least have a See or Range check
    Post edited by lansounet on
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Good to see this will be fixed. I don't like the looks of that scripting block anyway:-)
    morgy321CrevsDaak
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Confirmed fixed.