Skip to content

Weird Stutters (1fps)

OK, I have been playing this game for years and decided to actually play it on my gaming rig only to find micro stutters during combat or exploring a new area/ playing a new sound. It is quite tedious as I am constantly moving from one place to another. Does anyone have any possible advice?

Things I have tried.

-Reducing the framerate.
-Switch to alternate render.
-Switch to alternate render & switch back.
-Updating drivers.
-Tried to play in windowed mode.
-Compatibility mode (every single operating system)
-Verify the integrity of the game cache

Stutters are during the vanilla game, no mods have been installed or any patches as far as I am aware of. Game is installed directly from steam and not a conventional CD.

Comments

• Hazey126Hazey126 Member Posts: 3
    PC Specs:
    Processor: Intel I7 4770
    Cooling: Cooler Master RL-S12V-24PK-R2 Seidon
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel LGA1150 H81
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    Case: CiT Goblin Mesh Gaming Case Black/Green Interior
    Power Supply: Sumvision Power X3 500W Power Supply 500 Watt
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    edited August 2017
    If you think it can be related to sounds/new sounds, it might be a cache issue.
    I think you can google how to remove the BG:EE cache (it usually involves deleting folders that are "hidden" by default).. if you can't figure out how, reply here and I'll see if I can figure it out - shouldn't be very hard.
    (This is not the Steam cache, but a cache hidden within your windows user profile)

But perhaps the easiest way forward is to open your device manager, select your soundcard and disable it.. then restart the game (possibly try a reboot as well) and see what happens.. not a solution by any means, but a clue to solving this

On another note:
    A friend of mine once had a stuttering issue brought on by custom portraits.
    We could never figure out why exactly, as his computer far exceeded any requirements.
    .. for the infinity engine is dark and full of terrors.
    Post edited by Khyron on
    ThacoBelltbone1
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Khyron ".. for the infinity engine is dark and full of terrors. " Stealing this.
    Joan_Darotbone1
  • Hazey126Hazey126 Member Posts: 3
    Khyron said:

If you think it can be related to sounds/new sounds, it might be a cache issue.
    I think you can google how to remove the BG:EE cache (it usually involves deleting folders that are "hidden" by default).. if you can't figure out how, reply here and I'll see if I can figure it out - shouldn't be very hard.
    (This is not the Steam cache, but a cache hidden within your windows user profile)

But perhaps the easiest way forward is to open your device manager, select your soundcard and disable it.. then restart the game (possibly try a reboot as well) and see what happens.. not a solution by any means, but a clue to solving this

On another note:
    A friend of mine once had a stuttering issue brought on by custom portraits.
    We could never figure out why exactly, as his computer far exceeded any requirements.
    .. for the infinity engine is dark and full of terrors.

Thanks, I'll go about clearing my cache. I just have the vanilla version of EE no mods. Quite amusing to think my pentium 2 computer can play it but my decent pc cant lol