Skip to content

EE Keeper 1.3+ or Alternative?

ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
I've looked all over for EE Keeper 1.3 or an alternative program and I can't find it, only 1.0.3.6.

With the current version, it seems HLAs and a number of items are not found in the database, so I'm assuming they get deleted if I edit the character. Is there another save game editor which is updated for BG 2 EE 1.3 and higher?

I'm mainly using it to remove the weaker HLA's like Whirlwind and Evasion that are only really used as requirements for the better spells, just to have less clutter. And add back Draw Upon Holy Might that was stolen from me upon getting Slayer Form :(

Comments

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited August 2017
    Current version of EEKEeeper is 1.0.4 and link to download can be found here -> EEKeper Thread

Also if you have questions regarding EEKeeper it's best to post them in thread linked above as @Troodon80 might not see them otherwise =P
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Shikao, I see everything. :P
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    Just in case anyone sees this thread in the future, the solution was just to put EEKeeper in the same folder as BG EE 2 installation.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Zagacious said:

Just in case anyone sees this thread in the future, the solution was just to put EEKeeper in the same folder as BG EE 2 installation.

That shouldn't be necessary. I keep EEKeeper in a separate folder in my documents.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Yes, that's absolutely not necessary. In fact, if you have the BG2EE installation directory in Program Files, you'll need to manually edit some stuff since it won't save the profiles. If you appear to be required to have it in the game directory, then it's something I'd like to have more details on.
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2017
    I've set the Installation Directory from within EEKeeper, but I still have to move it to the BG2 install directory or many items and skills are unable to be loaded with the error that it's not found in the database, specifically HLA's and a few items that I believe are EE only such as Staff of Rynn +4 and Sword/Shield of Balduran.

It works in a brand new game with brand new characters from any location. I had it on a folder on my desktop before and I've never had any problems until I tried editing a late game char.