Skip to content

Little things you like

2»

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Death Spell

The animation and the way it just casually dismisses weakling enemies.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I like the oddities, the small things and items that are truly unique like the book of infinite spells. It always feels like christmas turning the pages. Got spell turning the other day for a F/T which was kinda fun.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I like taking a stroll into Baldur's Gate and Athkatla at night. Both cities are rather creepy and in BG's case the music really helps with that.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Blasting a spell trigger with a healthy triple dose of cone of cold to the face of a group of tough enemies and watch them scream, freeze, and shatter. Music to my ears. I especially love doing this to the tactics mod high level bandit groups that spawn in every night in Athkatla. (Yeah I may hum 'let it go' and 'cold never bothered me anyway' as I do so)
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Kurona said:

I like taking a stroll into Baldur's Gate and Athkatla at night. Both cities are rather creepy and in BG's case the music really helps with that.

The screaming helps a lot more than the music for atmospherics. The docks at night sound like a horror movie. :o

But you are correct, it's all done so well and sometimes I rest just to go on a nightime prowl.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

sometimes I rest just to go on a nightime prowl.

Phrasing!

I do like the atmosphere and feel of BG1 and BG2 cities at night. But playing Neverwinter Nights made those background screams and voices appear in my dreams.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I really like all the creature soundsets. Some of the last sounds of a creature dying still bring a smile, such as the long drawn out groan of ogrilions or the lil gnomes.
    Sounds really do help make this game. And as for the dryads to summon, heh, those girls are bout as country as a chicken coup (reminds me fondly of several ppl I knew growing up, spot on). :)

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    IWD attack animations only happening when you actually attack.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Grum said:

There's a checkbox in the EE settings ("Disable cosmetic attacks") where you can make that so in all the EE's now.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Grum said:

There's a checkbox in the EE settings ("Disable cosmetic attacks") where you can make that so in all the EE's now.
    iPhone user. Still waiting for update
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I love the inn music. In BG1 in particular it can stuck in my head forever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlebjaqRZ2c
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    tbone1 said:

Creating a female blackguard and naming her "Frau Blücher".

And thus the horses of Faerun knew the true meaning of fear.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Visiting forum after vacation is a little thing I like. :)