Skip to content

Divinity Original Sin:EE spoilers welcome!

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I've been largely absent from the forums for the last few months because I have been obsessively playing D:OS EE. I finally finished it this evening with something like 120 hours in my playthrough. I previously had a couple of false starts learning the mechanics, but this attempt I was hooked from the get go. As far as RPG's go, this was probably the most FUN I've had with any game. I am REALLY looking forward to playing D:OS 2, which looks to be even bigger and better!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I found the combat really enjoyable. Being able to use the environment, combinations of elements, etc adds a lot of depth. I admit I did find myself using the same few combinations of spells a lot, mostly from laziness on my part. Character creation is also really deep, and my characters were probably a power-gamer's nightmare by the end of the game. I was not very efficient in my use of attribute and skill points. I did find and craft plenty of gear to make up for any shortcomings, though.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    I found the story lackluster but the gameplay really addictive. More than the complex battle system or character building what really sold me was the numerous ways you can tackle every situation. I don't play co-op so I assigned an AI to the second Source Hunter and sometimes they would disagree with me and win the argument, forcing me to find another way to accomplish my goal. I know some people were annoyed by that but personally I really liked it.

Also the game doesn't really care if you try to break it, whether by going places you aren't supposed to or by killing plot-important characters. Instead of making everyone immortal (hello Skyrim) or sending superpowered death squads at you (hello BG) it just provides alternative routes to sort out your mess.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yeah...Swen Vincke said they built the game so you can literally kill every single thing in the game and still be able to finish it. I honestly didn't pay a ton of attention to the story in general, but there were subplots and side stories I thought were pretty interesting (Jahan's story, for instance). I had fun investigating Jake's murder, too. One thing that I didn't really notice much while playing but is pretty striking is the overall tone of the game vs what's actually going on. What I mean is the game has a lighthearted feel to it, and never gets too heavy (or at least for me), but there is some really dark stuff in there. Lots of blood. Lots and lots of blood. And dead imps.