Skip to content

Final Party Desicion

So I decided to dual class Imoen and make her a mage, now I have Edwin, My character, Adjantis, Dorn, Branwen and Imoen. Now including Imoen I have three arcane characters. Should I switch Edwin out with another fighter for balance? People have suggested I switch him with garrick but he takes too much work to be viable, and by the time he's viable hes already surpassed.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Depends on how you like to play, I run with 3 mages pretty commonly because I enjoy playing mages more so I have less fighters and make up the difference with summons.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I find that as long as I give Garrick a Deadshot he's pretty damn viable. Certainly not optimal but definitely useful, pulling decent ranged damage along with the occasional spell for additional damage or crowd control, on top of his out of combat capabilities.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that is definitely an interesting group of chums, although you are going to have some reputation restrictions since evil baddies don't like having high REP

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Switch Imoen out.
    What is she good for, absolutely nothing, say it again.

( warning, warning: this post may have been overtaken by my personal phobias rather than anything at all constructive) :D
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Switch Imoen out.

( warning, warning: this post may have been overtaken by my personal phobias rather than anything at all constructive) :D

Thumbs up for the Edwin Starr reference. #fellowfogy
    tbone1 said:

Switch Imoen out.

Thumbs up for the Edwin Starr reference. #fellowfogy
    Once an Edwin fan always an Edwin fan.

(confession time, that's the first time I ever connected the names, dumb huh? and I use that quote a lot)
  • TaylorrrTaylorrr Member Posts: 30
    Imoen is my wife and I will not have her good name blasphemned in such a manner. :p
    Taylorrr said:

Imoen is my wife and I will not have her good name blasphemned in such a manner. :p

You have my sincerest condolances. Pretty much anything the Sword Coast throws at you will be pretty insignificant compared to being wed to that annoyance....

( oops, has the mask slipped again, must stop....people will begin to think I am unhinged...) :#

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited August 2017
    Taylorrr said:

I thought we are talking about BG, not A Song of Ice and Fire =P
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    Well Imoen isn't that bad in bg2 imo, and in bg1 well, it's not like she really says anything (the voiceover could use some work though, but frankly so could about half the recruitable npc's).

BG1NPC Project Imoen, however, is an abomination and whoever is responsible for unleashing her upon us poor gamers should be put to death.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Shikao said:

Taylorrr said:

Yeah because her and my halfling charname are clearly genetically related ;)
    Shikao said:

Taylorrr said:

Completely off topic.

Anybody else think that whole "oh look they're bonking" and the accelerated progression of the romance would look out of place even in BG where they had the excuse of having limited options to explore relationships?
    My sprites display more sexual chemistry.

(hey, managed to bring it back to BG)