Skip to content

([BG1] Bugs) Ragefast, Abela and Ramazith

2»

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    love it! hahaha
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Balquo
    Those all sound good. Really just needs the duplicate items and scripts out (though as you said the scripts are now a D issue). The scripting thingy we'll deal with elsewhere, and also I agree it's better to just get a minor GTU fix (which I'll post at some point)...

edited September 2012
    @SethDavis

Fixed this up.
    *The second cloak and bracers have been removed.
    *Abela now leaves via destroyself() and then summoned via script in ar0138. In her case, this works much better actually.
    *ar0138.bcs is back in use.

COPY_EXISTING ~abela.cre~ ~override~ REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~CLCK07~ ADD_CRE_ITEM ~CLCK07~ #40 #0 #0 ~unstealable~ ~cloak~ BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES COPY_EXISTING ~ramazi.cre~ ~override~ REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~BRAC02~ ADD_CRE_ITEM ~BRAC02~ #0 #0 #0 ~unstealable~ ~gloves~ BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES COPY_EXISTING ~ar0138.bcs~ ~override~ DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~IF Global("RamazithMove","GLOBAL",2) !Exists("Ramazith") !Dead("Ramazith") THEN RESPONSE #100 CreateCreature("RAMAZI",[0.0],0) ActionOverride("Ramazith",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1)) ActionOverride("Ramazith",Enemy()) END~ ~IF Global("AbelaMustGo","GLOBAL",0) Global("RamazithMove","GLOBAL",3) !Exists("Abela") !Dead("Abela") !Dead("Ramazith") THEN RESPONSE #100 CreateCreature("Abela",[336.162],2) SetGlobal("AbelaMustGo","GLOBAL",1) END~ COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES COPY_EXISTING ~ar0138.are~ ~override~ WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~ar0138~ COPY_EXISTING ~ramazi.dlg~ ~override~ DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~ActionOverride("Abela",EscapeAreaMove("AR0138",366,162,2))~ ~~ REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~SetGlobal("RamazithMove","GLOBAL",3) Enemy() ForceSpell(LastTalkedToBy,WIZARD_LIGHTNING_BOLT) EscapeAreaMove("AR0138",169,147,15)~ ~SetGlobal("RamazithMove","GLOBAL",3) Enemy() ForceSpell(LastTalkedToBy,WIZARD_LIGHTNING_BOLT) ActionOverride("Abela",DestroySelf()) EscapeAreaMove("AR0138",169,147,15)~ COMPILE_D_TO_DLG

If you want to fix the slight dialogue inconsistency then the following code fixes it. I just changed "Wait in this corner please." to "Wait there please"

STRING_SET 2660 ~No child, you need not worry your pretty little head. In but a tenday you will no longer be here, or anywhere. I would have a word with your 'liberators' a moment. Wait there please.~

AR0137.BCS. You can delete this completely from the game.
    Tanthalas
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - @Balquo's fix has been applied

And tagging @AndreaColombo to round out the corner if he so desires
    Tanthalas
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Fixed.
    TanthalasSethDavis
    Confirmed fixed.

ar0137.bcs still exists but whatever I suppose.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, it was deleted from the area at least, so this has no effect on the game, just a dead resource.
    Abela isn't sent to a corner.
    Abela's lock of hair is now unstealable (honestly, a masterthief could sneak behind and cut it, but whatever :)
    So confirmed fixed.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited September 2012
    Might be better to keep the script reference in ARE file but delete the script or make it blank (better for modders, something a fixpack would do, i.e restore the reference and create empty ar0137.bcs).

Otherwise I trust you guys on the quest behaviour.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I don't like this way of problem resolution. AndreaColombo had right: "I'm quite sure what she gives you is really a lock of hair, though. In Baldur's Gate, it can be given to a mage who runs a store, who can use it
    to make the nymph cloak for you. "

We loose content with your resolution:
    1) We loose the lock of hair item.
    2) We loose the end of the story, and the possibility to make a nymph's cloak out of a lock of hair.

You are only creating more problems with this resolution:
    1) The mage had the option to create the cloak, you could probably speak about it with him, there was probably a Journal entry for this, etc. This all should be deleted? Why? It is more easier to simply correct the text, from "cloak" to "lock of hair". Journal says the same, there is a mage waiting for it, etc.

You are creating a balance / power issue:
    1) You could create this cloak in Baldur's Gate city, near the end of the game. But now you have a Nymph's Cloak much more earlier.

Please reverse this, the resolution is easy: simply change the text that says "cloak" and replace them with "lock of hair". Thanks. This is what we, customers are expecting from you.
    @Sese79 If you convince Ragefast to free her she gives you the lock of hair. If you kill Ragefast then free her she gives you the cloak. The way it was suppose to be according to her dialogue. She is in Baldur's gate so you don't get the cloak much more earlier.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Thanks for the quick answer. It sounds good, thanks.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    I'm trying to talk Ragefast into letting Abela go without fighting him. Doesn't seem to work, no matter which options I chose.
    I took the quest from Ramazith before.

Is it actaully possible not to fight him and free Abela?
    @Morrandirr Yes, but it depends on your rep. Higher rep you can save her, lower rep you can't.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Reputation is Heroic (20)...
  • sstormyrsstormyr Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2012
    if ive already killed ragefast and free'd abela, is it still possible for me to meet ramazith? the ring of his would come in handy, but.. yeah.. :/ cant find him outside his house nor in it
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    He's gone, unfortunately.
    edited December 2012
    so much for remembering, meh, thought i remembered everything as i swiped BG quests haha, unfortunately i was wrong there..
    is there any way i can create that ring he has?
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ring07")
    where do i put that in? :p in BGEE i dont know how.. ctrl+tab doesnt seem to work
    edited December 2012
    I've submitted a fix to the devs that will bring Ramazith back even if you have freed Abela before accepting his quest. Removing him was not a good idea. No idea when or even if it will get implemented. I hope so.
    Jalily
  • MordecaiMordecai Member Posts: 21
    I just finished this quest and something odd happened.

I met Ramazith first. He hailed me. I accepted the quest without asking about a reward.

I go to Ragefasts' home. I enter, antagonize him intentionally, and then kill him. Abela is freed, she gives me the cloak.

So far, so good.

I go to Ramazith's house. I go inside. He says his bit about spying and scrying and then tells me that he'll meet me at the top of the tower. He then immediately goes hostile and attacks my party. I didn't attack him (because I expected to meet him at the top of the tower, like I have countless times before), I didn't attempt to reinitiate dialogue, and my character didn't have the chance to select any dialogue options when he first told me to meet him at the top of the tower.

I don't mind how that worked out, but it's not how the original quest worked in Vanilla. He even says he'll meet you at the top of the tower. When you get to the top of the tower, THEN he's supposed to attack. No other issues related to this quest whatsoever. Monsters even spawned in their appropriate places as I went throughout the tower.

I have Shadowkeeper installed, but I haven't used it except around Nashkel (before the mines) to move around a couple of proficiencies. I have also downloaded a custom recruitable NPC. I can't imagine any of that being the reason for the above glitch, but I figured I ought to mention it.

It's possible that it's a one-time glitch or even that it's my machine. I just want you guys to know about it.

• darius404darius404 Member Posts: 12
    @Balquo

I'm trying to talk Ragefast into letting Abela go without fighting him. Doesn't seem to work, no matter which options I chose.
    I took the quest from Ramazith before.

Is it actaully possible not to fight him and free Abela?

Balquo said:

@Morrandirr Yes, but it depends on your rep. Higher rep you can save her, lower rep you can't.

Reputation is Heroic (20)...

I'm having this problem as well. I have an 18 reputation (and 21 charisma), yet choosing the correct options (2-2-1-2) still causes him to attack. Even if I get my rep to 20 (with Shadowkeeper), he still attacks at the end of dialogue no matter what.
    @darius404 Your speaker must have at least 7 Wisdom for the final option to work.
    darius404
  • darius404darius404 Member Posts: 12
    That did it! Thank you so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.