Skip to content

Romances not starting / romance situation mixed up - any help, please?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
So, I was traveling for quite some time with Jaheira as the only romanceable companion in my group. We got as far as the "this is a dangerous life" lovetalk, after which I did the "summoned to the Harper Hold" quest. And then, a little bit later, Jaheira got killed. Oh well. I dropped her from the party.

And then, I decided to change things around a bit, and I went to pick both Aerie and Viconia.

But now I notice that neither of them has had anything to say in terms of any potential romance. Somehow I'm getting the impression that either they or the game engine think I'm going steady with Jaheira, which is why nothing at all is happening.

Is there any way to verify my theory, and if it turns out to be correct, is there any way to "reset" romances?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    C:GetGlobal("Aerieromanceactive","Global")
    C:GetGlobal("Viconiaromanceactive","Global")

If they return a 3, the respective romance is killed.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Thank you!

They both gave me a 1. I don't know what that means, but from what you just said, clearly the romance is not killed. No lovetalks seem to be triggered, either, for some reason. Perhaps I'll have to leave the game running on pause for a long time, or something.
    @PaulaMigrate: Well, the oldest trick in the book worked. In other words, after putting the game on an extended pause, they started talking. Thanks for the clarification!
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Aerie takes about 2 real time hours to start talking, you can check
    C:GetGlobal("AerieMatch","GLOBAL") >>>1
    C:GetGlobal("AerieRomance","GLOBAL") >>> make sure it exists with some value (time)
    C:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") >>>> 1 to read out Locals you must have the respective NPC selected.

Viconia uses similar globals just replace Aerie with Viconia to check.

Of course, things may be different if you have some mods installed that change romance behaviour.

Ok, thank you again. I believe it was the two hours that threw me, especially in relation to Jaheira. My sense is that Jaheira starts talking rather quickly (ordinarily I get the first lovetalk from Jaheira almost immediately after Chateau Irenicus, despite the fact that I use Dungeon-Be-Gone and spend hardly any time at all there).