Skip to content

NEED HELP WITH BG:EE KEEPER EDITOR

I have all the versions of BG, but i decided to buy from steam to enjoy the complete edition etc, but when i download keeper (last version 4.0) it cant detect proper folder. I tried to add manually but i can not find any BG folder with data like baldur.ini, i used in past and im not a noob with hacking, always used xp cap removed, censure remove, etc. Now i just wanna do a fast game with pefect char and evil\neutral team but no way to use keeper, i really need it ,can any of you guys help me? I use windows 10 and cortana, i tried to search for BG folder but impossible, i just create one folder under documents, but there are not game data, just the folder "portraits" and i cant neither use it, i cant put personal portraits in the game because it finds nothing, whats wrong? i always did this easy in past, editing jpeg etc. Thx in advance

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @ROQU - Welcome to the forum.

I am guessing that you are referring to the Enhanced Editions of BG. If so, there is a set of instructions here which lets you know about where the directories are. I don't actually use Steam but it appears as if the game folder should be located in the SteamApps folder. It is also a bit of a FAQ that is helpful.

So far as portaits go, they have to be 24 bit .bmp (I use 210x330 for the ingame portrait and 420x660 for the charater sheet picture and don't have any problems). There can sometimes be a problem with the naming convention as well, so I use lowercase for all letters in the filename.

Hope that helps
    Gus
    JuliusBorisov
  • ROQUROQU Member Posts: 11
    thx for all, i found all the directory of steam was very strange, i am using editor no problem, just have to fix this stuff of portraits that got no sense *_*
    GusindaJuliusBorisov
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited September 2017
    @ROQU - Rereading what I said above, I should have said that I have lowercase for all letters in the filename except the last which I use a capital L or M (Large/Medium). Naming convention is xxxxxxxX.bmp (I am guessing that you already know this but just in case). eg: gusM.bmp, gusL.bmp...

Gus
    i downloaded some portraits and created my own ones. Now the problem is i dont know where to put them. I have those options: the main folder of BG in Steam folder (i tried both override and portraits) or documents\baldursgate.... but in both cases doesnt work :\
    I do not understand but i saw in another post that many people have the same problem. What the hell they did? it was so damn easy, bg\portraits and all was there, now i put portraits everywhere and nothing works
    LOL as no sayd, now it worked, need to put all portraits in documents\baldursgate\portraits
    Gusinda
  • gabeperrongabeperron Member Posts: 4
    cool