Skip to content

Triggin Meronia (spoilers)

I am on my first BG2EE run. I decided drop jaheira (whom I usually keep till tob) in order to left room for other npcs (new or not). My goal is do all her quests before kick here (and get possible achievements related?).
I know this can be hard if you started romancing here. It could take some time to trigger so I tried to finish it asap.

So I made a test. After leaving the thief's house she triggers her first love talk. I cut her from start ("Stow it, Jaheira."). Then talked to firkraaag and zapped to docks to talk with the baron. He cursed etc, I went all the way, remove the curse.

Then I started zoning through areas till I got the poisoned guy and started the Harpers Hold. Now if my memory is good (I didnt play BG2 for some years) and most walkthroughs around are correct, as soon as Xzar is killed, Meronia, the harper girl, appears and take Jaheira. That didnt happen even with just ONE love talk that I ended right away.

Is there something wrong? If yes, how log it takes to Meronia appears?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2017
    "Stow it, Jaheira." doesn't actually end the romance. Jaheira's a big girl, unlike Aerie, and can take jabs. The best way to kill the romance once and for all is to disrespect either Khalid or Gorion when she brings them up. She should do it soon enough.
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    But that is the second conversation... I finished the quest after the first one and some walkthroughs points that if you dont have a romance (not break) Meronia will pop as soon the other girl kills Xzar. That didnt happen. I started a new game anyway because I got a bug on my journal regargin Frennadan (just noticed while doing chapter 2) and tried the same thing. One dialogue (Stow it), zap to docks, then poisoned guy and nothing. I think I read in a post here that all we need is do some zoning inside the city but she is nowhere.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Jaheira defaults to romance for male charnames. So until you break it, you are on the much longer romance timer. Also, I wouldn't restart every time you encounter a bug. You will NEVER finish.
    Every romance starts active if your PC meets the requirements. So yeah as I said previously telling Jaheira to stow it isn't enough to break it so it was still active.

The curse subplot has no effect on the romance track although Jaheira can die or leave the party which obviously affects it. Speaking of leaving the party, the fastest way to break a romance is to kick the character and re-recruit them immediately after.

So do that. Kick Jaheira out and go find her again near the Harper stronghold.
    ThacoBell said:

Jaheira defaults to romance for male charnames. So until you break it, you are on the much longer romance timer. Also, I wouldn't restart every time you encounter a bug. You will NEVER finish.

Yeah, another bug after that on SoD I mentioned regarding m'khiin, but I am a compeltionist. I did a save game (cooper coronet) and reloaded from irenicus' dungeons just to see if it was a really a bug or, perhaps, this was meant to be like that since I decided to free him. Thing is, if you take the key and open the door, the journal doesnt "close" the quest. So I am not sure if it can labelled as "bug". That is what I did on my time there (on EE).

NOW if you talk to him after get the key, the journal closes the quest.

That was enough for me moving from there. I am a competionist, things like that and m'khiin torn my mind in two. I can handle minor bugs and things like that but open journal entires I try to solve.

Just to notice, I had many open entries from chapter 8 on BG when I finished the game that no matter what I couldnt complete (run it twice).

But regarding what you said, I should kick her after the "stow it" line or right after leaving gaelen (sp?) house? This dialgue took place right after that and before getting inside cooper coronet.
    Rique said:

But regarding what you said, I should kick her after the "stow it" line or right after leaving gaelen (sp?) house? This dialgue took place right after that and before getting inside cooper coronet.

You can kick her out at any moment.
    That worked. Just after finishing the baron/cursing quest I slept for a day and kicked her from party. Then get her again and did the poisoned guy/Xzar quest. When the zhent is killed, Meronia popped and took her. Thanks.