Skip to content

What is the maximum level?

I understand that the highest level of experience you can reach is 127. Do you know if it is true? Why that number?

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    JuliusBorisovtbone1ConjurerDragonProont
  • ForofgoldForofgold Member Posts: 21
    lefreut said:

Internally, the level is probably stored as a byte. 127 is the maximum value of a signed char.

Can you modify some files in the game so that the number increases above 127 if you keep raising more levels?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It's not possible. The field for storing level information has a fixed size. Any level above the maximum value will most likely be truncated by the game engine to fit into the level field when you save the game.

Btw, why do you need to reach levels over 127? In a regular game you will rarely exceed the 20-30 level range.
  • ForofgoldForofgold Member Posts: 21
    argent77 said:

It's not possible. The field for storing level information has a fixed size. Any level above the maximum value will most likely be truncated by the game engine to fit into the level field when you save the game.

Btw, why do you need to reach levels over 127? In a regular game you will rarely exceed the 20-30 level range.

Simply for those who do not like farming until they are super powerful gods and also so you get more hours to play.
    I don't see any real benefit of a character with over 127 levels in their current class. Most stats will be maxed out even long before reaching level 100.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Is 127 the maximum level of your highest class or of all your classes?
    e.g. currently my TNO is a 7th level Mage/6th level Fighter/5th level Thief - so 7 or 18?
    Level information is stored for each individual class, so you can be at most a level 127/127/127 Fighter/Mage/Thief. (Provided the cap is indeed 127. It could also be 255 if the value is treated as an unsigned number.)
    ConjurerDragonProont
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited September 2017
    I can confirm that 127 is the level cap for each class. This would be easy to change if you had access to the source code but not possible otherwise.

Post edited by jsaving on
    Proont