Skip to content

[Mod] DnD 3.5 Rules in Bg:EE

HolicHolic Member Posts: 66
Hello Everyone.

I would like to present a mod that I did recently. It generally tries to transform BG ADnD rules into DnD 3.5 (with some elements of the Pathfinder) within the game engine limits (which I surprisingly found to be quite broad).

The complete description as well as the mod itself can be found at

https://github.com/Holic75/Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5

Enjoy.

Any feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.
ArctodusIllustairStummvonBordwehrmarkzakumodestvolta

Comments

• PheosicsPheosics Member Posts: 16
    Very interesting. I'll have to try this out after my current playthrough. I'm guessing (after looking through the changes) that none of the other mods out there right now will work? At least none of the kits and npc mods?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ArctodusAquadrizzt
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, I'm a bit flabbergasted by all that, but it seems to have plenty of potential !
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Wowzers. This came out of left field.

I don't think it was even in the bleachers.

I will look at this tomorrow when I have rested and my medicine isn't whiling my brain. Sounds very interesting.

• HolicHolic Member Posts: 66
    Pheosics said:

Very interesting. I'll have to try this out after my current playthrough. I'm guessing (after looking through the changes) that none of the other mods out there right now will work? At least none of the kits and npc mods?

Hello Pheosics. I think it might be done compatible with most of NPC mods under condition that they installed before Dnd 3.5 mod and the level of the new NPC is reset to 0, that you can properly level up to receive all kit abilities upon joining. Regarding new kits I believe it is more complicated since the mod changes the balance in a certain way that might make "non 3.5" kits and classes very weak. Otherwise I think that if you install any mods adding new spells/items and/or quests before 3.5 they might also work.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited September 2017
    Hi @Holic thanks for this, loved the 3.5 from NWN. But I don't anything about 3.5 other NWN, so my question is, how would this affect HLAs? No mention has been made with regards HLAs. Also, can the chargen distributable points be increased? I usually roleplay the protagonist as one with attributes significantly higher than most beings considering his heritage. But I usually play at highest difficulty with the damage increase removed, so my question is, can this ("enemies were made stronger, they got +50% HP and bonuses to AC, THAC0 and APR.") be lowered (especially the +50% HP)? In that regard, would there be .ini file of sort where we can easily adjust those values? Also, would this be EET compatible? Finally, since this also uses domains, you might consider collaborating with subtle/grammar's Faiths and Power mod (although obviously, theirs with regard to spheres are much more complicated since the mod after all is dedicated to that, I could imagine some or many resources/structure could be shared if they are so willing). I would really love to try this some time in the future as well, especially if with a system similar or identical to FnP/FaP(?hehe).
  • HolicHolic Member Posts: 66
    Illustair said:

Hi @Holic thanks for this, loved the 3.5 from NWN. But I don't anything about 3.5 other NWN, so my question is, how would this affect HLAs? No mention has been made with regards HLAs. Also, can the chargen distributable points be increased? I usually roleplay the protagonist as one with attributes significantly higher than most beings considering his heritage. But I usually play at highest difficulty with the damage increase removed, so my question is, can this ("enemies were made stronger, they got +50% HP and bonuses to AC, THAC0 and APR.") be lowered (especially the +50% HP)? In that regard, would there be .ini file of sort where we can easily adjust those values? Also, would this be EET compatible? Finally, since this also uses domains, you might consider collaborating with subtle/grammar's Faiths and Power mod (although obviously, theirs with regard to spheres are much more complicated since the mod after all is dedicated to that, I could imagine some or many resources/structure could be shared if they are so willing). I would really love to try this some time in the future as well, especially if with a system similar or identical to FnP/FaP(?hehe).

Hi Illustair
    This mod is for Bg1, so there are no HLAs and it is not EET compatible.

I have updated the mod and made components [Point buy system] and [More powerful enemies] optional, so you are now free to skip them.