Skip to content

Justify Sarevok in a good party?

2»

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

dib said:

Being forgiving and giving a person a chance to redeem themselves seems like a "good" quality, no?

But "redeem" himself to whom?
    Who gets to judge this?
    Charname because he turns out useful?
    But how does that effect whether he is "redeemed" in the opinion of somebody who's father/mother/lover/child ect. has been killed by his actions?
    I assume he's redeemed successfully when he no longer sets off Detect Evil.
    ArtonaThacoBellPermidion_Stark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellMirandel
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    edited September 2017

dib said:

Being forgiving and giving a person a chance to redeem themselves seems like a "good" quality, no?

But "redeem" himself to whom?
    Who gets to judge this?
    Charname because he turns out useful?
    But how does that effect whether he is "redeemed" in the opinion of somebody who's father/mother/lover/child ect. has been killed by his actions?
    This is actually easiest to answer. In a place like Forgotten Realms. Redemption is carried in the eyes of the gods himself reguardless of the individually wronged humans that may still hold hatred or a grudge. They are in some aspects embodiments of such ideals in such a world that has a more codified good evil axis like the one in this particular setting.

Redemption, keep in mind, is not simply making amends to slighted individuals.
  • ROQUROQU Member Posts: 11
    totally yes, best ally (lator death +200 dmg), possible multiclass and redeeom mission of bad brother (infact he will turn positive) whats better? my next mission, cuz i never redeemed
    Shikao
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I couldn't figure out how to turn Sarevok into a new man. No dialogue option ever appeared and I didn't bother looking into it. He scorned me for denying the true power of Bhaal. At least we tried to steer him from his corrupted mind.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Chances are you finished ToB too quickly to get all of his redemption talks.. or you took another direction by mistake. Already when coming up to Yaga shura, you should have obvious hints as to what might happen.. if memory serves
    ThacoBell