Skip to content

Trouble transferring from BG:EE to BG:EE2 on iPad with the new updates

I just finished BG1 and immediately downloaded BG2 to my iPad. I tried to use the export/import function as advised in other threads; however, the option to transfer isn't available when selecting export. Is this simply a casualty of the recent update to BG2 since BG1 has yet to get one that will go away once BG1 gets its own update? Hoping this is the case; because, I've become very attached to my character and want to continue to playing as him in the second game.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    It could very well be that it is because of the version difference.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @Stormwraith01
    If you export to e.g. email and save as draft, can you then "open with" BGIIEE?
  • Stormwraith01Stormwraith01 Member Posts: 5
    @Gate70, I don't even get an "export to" option. I hit "Export," type a file name, then hit "Done," and it just takes me back to my character record. No pop-up options at all.
    @Stormwraith01 it sounds like you are exporting the character?

From the main game screen, long-tap the quicksave icon and that should open an export pop-up.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Gate70, trying the long-tap quicksave right now. I'm not getting any pop-up when I do so, just my game quick saved. I've tried it on multiple saves in different sections of the game.
    Is this a functionality that isn't available on the iPad Air? Not sure if that would be it or not.
    edited September 2017
    It should be available on any iPad. Pressing down on quick save for 1-2 seconds or longer then releasing it should then bring up the export options a few seconds later.

Edit, as you have v2.4 of BGIIEE, does export the functionality work there? (not that it helps other than indicating whether the functionality works anywhere for you)
    It works fine on BG2 and on BG1 on my iPhone. My phone and iPad are using two different versions of iOS, though. I'm betting that may be the problem; my iPad is using an earlier version of 10.