Skip to content

Buying Beamdog vs Steam

As far as I know it supports beamdog much more if you buy from them directly. I'm not exactly sure how much steam takes off the top of each sale. I'm looking at buying Icewind Dale Enhanced but I want to wait for a sale price.

I've seen it on sale for a pretty hefty chunk off on steam but I am wondering if Beamdog price matches a steam sale? I'd much rather support the boys from Alberta but it's a pretty significant difference when a sale pops up.

Let me know, I am curious :)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hi there, @EnterHaerDalis ! Last time the sale on Steam was live, the Beamdog store supported it with the similar sale (and a big chunk that was). But there's no information on whether it will be the case in the future.

If you buy from Beamdog, you can ask for a Steam key, so that may be something :)
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    ThacoBell said:

Also, remember that Steam is pure evil.

I realize this but I still like having all my games under one umbrella with achievements and stuff...

I'm waiting for the next sale for Icewind Dale and I'll see if Beamdog has one on also