Skip to content

Dual classing Neera

Anyone ever dual class Neera into Thief? Next run through I'm planning to go for Wild Mage 5/Thief.

Then I can have fun still trying to cast level 4/5 spells anyway with NRD.

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Wild Mages can't dual class without some mod or EEkeepering.
  • MrTea1976MrTea1976 Member Posts: 20
    I'm modded. She's going to be accompanying a halfling Stalker.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Elves aren't allowed to dual-class either. Technically...
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    edited September 2017
    Considering that her entire narrative identity centres around her Wild Mage class, dualling Neera even while modded feels like a clumsy, mechanically motivated move. That isn't to say that you aren't entitled to play the game in whichever way makes you happy, but as you are broadcasting the concept publicly, I must say that it feels a puzzling transition to make for Neera given the way that she's been written.
    ThacoBellZilbercbarker15SCARY_WIZARD
  • leeki2020leeki2020 Member Posts: 1
    it's neera
    in universe she could turn into a hot pink skinned, half gnoll half hobgoblin with wings a neon purple mowhawk & classed as a paladin. And most would look at her for a few seconds, shrug their shoulders & move on
    Khalid: Well uh... that's new
    Dynaheir: i like thy hair
    Jaheira: at least she's not a glowing ettin thief this time
    Minsc: boo says he wants wings now too!
    :D
    SolmagemonicoSCARY_WIZARD
  • SolmageSolmage Member Posts: 31
    leeki2020 wrote: »
    it's neera
    in universe she could turn into a hot pink skinned, half gnoll half hobgoblin with wings a neon purple mowhawk & classed as a paladin. And most would look at her for a few seconds, shrug their shoulders & move on
    Khalid: Well uh... that's new
    Dynaheir: i like thy hair
    Jaheira: at least she's not a glowing ettin thief this time
    Minsc: boo says he wants wings now too!
    :D

Lol. Still, It does seem horribly cheesy to dual class a half elf. Why not add all 20s to her stats while you are at it, fill up her spell book with all the rare spells and turn her level 20.

Anyway , to each their own. Now if I were making a mod for Neera,I’d turn her into a half - orc fighter/mage (but with her half elf stats lol) and alter her dialog so she whines and swears she’s really a half elf, heh. Maybe have the end of her quest be being able to revert back to a wild mage.
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    MrTea1976 wrote: »
    Anyone ever dual class Neera into Thief? Next run through I'm planning to go for Wild Mage 5/Thief.

Then I can have fun still trying to cast level 4/5 spells anyway with NRD.

If your question is about Neera herself, from a RP point of view I agree with the above, it feels weird (not even taking into account that it is not possible without mods/tweaks).

If you are talking in general about dualing a Wild Mage into a thief (or any other class for that matter, and still not arguing about the fact that it is not possible without mods/tweaks), I agree that having access to NRD can bring some fun to the character.
    The problem is that you are limiting yourself to low caster level, so the dice rolled for NRD is really bad. Definitely tedious and reload-heavy imo.

But I must say, I have thought of trying such a wild mage dual (for example, dualing at lvl3 into cleric, just to be able to use the high level contingencies/sequencers as a Cleric with no down time or shared XP).
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • MacDaddyDMacDaddyD Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2021
    Considering that her entire narrative identity centres around her Wild Mage class, dualling Neera even while modded feels like a clumsy, mechanically motivated move. That isn't to say that you aren't entitled to play the game in whichever way makes you happy, but as you are broadcasting the concept publicly, I must say that it feels a puzzling transition to make for Neera given the way that she's been written.

technically she is still a wild mage..just a thief too. I was wondering myself if she can be anything else besides a thief. Thats my only option I wasnt sure if I needed to up her stats somewhere to have another choice other than thief

With a mod you can also experience her up before switching classes giving you a strong made to build a thief off of