Skip to content

BG2EE import XP *beyond* the level cap

Hey everyone,

So I know the BG1 xp cap is 161k, and the SoD cap is 500k. Simple enough to understand. BUT I've also noticed that any xp you accumulate beyond the cap is recorded and given to you as soon as you import into the next game. I frequently (in a 6-man party) see characters jump from 161k to around 300k immediately after I defeat Sarevok and SoD begins. Similarly, any xp beyond 500k accumulated in SoD is granted to your character as soon as you import into BG2. With that said, does anyone know roughly how much XP is available in bg1, and how much is available in SoD? I'm just curious what amount of XP a character can realistically expect to begin BG2 with, assuming a 6-person party thru BG1+ToSC+SoD and completing as many quests as possible. Anyone got some numbers or estimates?

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    .. I had no idea xp beyond 500k would carry over. That's a little.. unexpected. Solo'ing SoD would mean you'd probably be near level cap for ToB before you even start SoA..

As for estimates.. I don't know for sure, because my trip through SoD was rather expeditious and hasty, but it'd assume roughly 700-800k on 6 members would be somewhat close
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

Hey everyone,

So I know the BG1 xp cap is 161k, and the SoD cap is 500k. Simple enough to understand. BUT I've also noticed that any xp you accumulate beyond the cap is recorded and given to you as soon as you import into the next game. I frequently (in a 6-man party) see characters jump from 161k to around 300k immediately after I defeat Sarevok and SoD begins. Similarly, any xp beyond 500k accumulated in SoD is granted to your character as soon as you import into BG2. With that said, does anyone know roughly how much XP is available in bg1, and how much is available in SoD? I'm just curious what amount of XP a character can realistically expect to begin BG2 with, assuming a 6-person party thru BG1+ToSC+SoD and completing as many quests as possible. Anyone got some numbers or estimates?

I have always completed BG1 with around 1.4 Million XP in total (i solo so easy to see), that is completing all quests, but not abusing rest-spawns.

SoD my last run through, which was a continuation from BG1, so i started at around 1.4m XP, took me to 3.8m XP, although it's worth noting that a fair sized portion of that was from Avernus at the end because being solo makes it a lot slower to kill Beliphet due to having to whittle down the Gated in Demons and kite a lot so they don't surround and swarm me, just that encounter alone was probably worth 1m XP lol.

So yes, if you split that XP into a party of 6 you're looking at 640k, i'd probably add in maybe another 100k from quest rewards that are per party member rather than split, so i think 700-750k per character in a party of 6 by the end of SoD is about right.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    I usually run 4 person groups and am a completionist, so I tend to do most quests if not all of them. I have played through SoD from BGEE twice now and had about 800k xp on my main character both times and around 700k or so on the other 3 at the close of SoD before exporting to BG2. BG gave the main character around 300k from doing all quests with a 4 man team and then SoD adds about another 500k with the same approach.

In BG the xp depends mainly on how many creatures you kill. In SoD, as in BG2, the quests rewards per party member start to add up.
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    So it sounds like with a full 6 character party probably like 750k or so?
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

So it sounds like with a full 6 character party probably like 750k or so?

If you complete almost all quests and don't kill Beliphet too fast yes, he gates in Demons that are worth loads of XP to kill so a full party that kills him really quick will only get to kill the initial spawns and his 1st gate. But yes i think you'll be around 650-800k XP per character for a 6 strong party by the end of SoD w/o XP cap.