Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition iOS Patch 2.4 is here, Full Notes available

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
Good afternoon, everyone!

Full patch notes for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition iOS Patch 2.4 are here!

Let us know what you think about them.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Patch 2.4 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition on iOS is here!

This update brings many of the features and fixes seen in the patch released for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition! The 2.4 patch for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is coming soon!

In order to bring Icewind Dale to 64-bit, we had to bring it all the way from our 1.4 codebase to 2.4, a major jump to take with the ticking clock of iOS 11 looming over the team. As a bonus, the team was able to make all the engine & UI improvements without significantly changing the look and feel of the game. Our hats are off to the developers and designers who put in the extra effort to bring IWD:EE this far!

Before jumping into the patch notes, we’ve got exciting news to share!

We’ve hinted at what’s next for the Enhanced Editions in previous posts, now it’s time to share more! To start, we’ve already begun work on another patch for Icewind Dale, this time bringing all the 2.4 fixes, features, and more to Google Play, Mac Store, Steam, and other platforms the Enhanced Editions are available on. More you say? Absolutely! We’ve got a laundry list of fan feature requests and bug fixes to include alongside Steam achievements, and… insert drum roll here… bringing the Shaman class to IWD:EE!

After IWD:EE, we’ll be returning to BG:EE and BGII:EE to update each on Steam, GOG, Beamdog, Google Play, iOS, and Mac with the latest features and fixes.

BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! The team is hard at work on several projects that we can’t wait to share news about throughout the remainder of 2017 and over the course of 2018!

Read about the patch here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/09/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-ios-patch.html
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Wooo~oo~ooo!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The patch notes have arrived (in the OP)!
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    Finally! Honestly speaking I already lost hope. I already complete the game with all its add-ons and I started playing the game a second time. Well, that only reached Kuldahar. Would have to replay a bit, and have the opportunity to take a shaman now.
    Oriens said:

have the opportunity to take a shaman now.

The shaman for IWD:EE is not in 2.4, it will be in 2.5.
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    When I was completing Icewind Dale II, 3 edition AD&D I liked not. Now, if this game with the rules of the second edition, leaving only the race and sub-race, and consider the compatibility of spells with the second edition. It would be interesting.