Skip to content

( SPOILER ALERT! ) .... funny in retrospect thing happened on early (ish) quest lol

So I picked up the lady's husbands ring in the mines to return to her but got sidetracked majorly... heh ... anywho I am looking through my quest log to finish early chapter quests I had not completed ... that quest was there ..

I'm like oh I forgot to go back to her ... can't find the ring anywhere ... I'm like great I guess I sold it ... so I spend next 3 hours going to every possible merchant I could have sold it to with a few battles in between ... nada ... the ring is no where to be found ...

Then about hour later I see gem bag setting in inventory ... looked inside had it all along ... lols

Just thought I'd share something funny in retrospect but frustrating while occurring heh

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Wait until you get the Bag of Holding... "oh no this item could totally have been a lifesaver if I had remembered it existed after tossing it inside the bag."
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited October 2017
    Kurona said:

Wait until you get the Bag of Holding... "oh no this item could totally have been a lifesaver if I had remembered it existed after tossing it inside the bag."

That reminds me of the silly 1980's D&D cartoon with the kids trapped in the story. The kid who was their wizard had a magic wizard's hat that functioned like a Bag of Holding, and he was always trying to pull something out of it that would help them fight, or escape, or whatever. Usually what came out of the hat would be something ridiculous, like a banana to fight an evil sorcerer, or a baseball to throw at a dragon. Every once in a blue moon, there would actually be something in there that would help.

Wouldn't it be a funny scene if you were in a D&D adventure with a Bag of Holding, and you kept pulling out the wrong thing for the situation?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I think there's a semi-cursed version of the Bag of Holding that does that in general, just not in BG.

There's one in IWD though, saved my bacon a couple times.