Skip to content

is mirror image nerfed?

I'm sure I remember it been almost as consistent a protection as stone skin, but it seems to let of melee attacks hit lately. Is this a beamdog thing, or maybe an unexpected effect from one of my mods installed?

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It is a BG2 thing. Since BG2 (vanilla, I might add) mirror image has a chance to absorb attack instead (unlike BG1, where it worked a lot like Stoneskin). The chance is high, but RGN is still involved.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Also, the more images you still have the less likely you are to get it. Since images disappear on hit the spell protect you less and less the more hits it absorbs.

Original BG1 version was really too powerful for a level 2 spell so it makes sense BG2 would have nerfed it.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    as the previous said it is as it was.

Still a Powerful well scaling lvl 2 Spell, being cast over stoneskin it actually protects that from being chunked away and since stoneskin last 24 hours and MI just a few rounds its worth doing so.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mirror Image basically gives you a 1/N chance of being hit, with N being the number of remaining image. So if you have only one or two images left you are quite likely to be hit
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    edited October 2017
    There is a chance in the EE in relation to poison. Previously if an image was hit by, say, a poisoned arrow then the poison would not affect the character - now it will irrespective of mirrors (though you can still save if the effect offers a saving throw).
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    O_Bruce said:

It is a BG2 thing. Since BG2 (vanilla, I might add) mirror image has a chance to absorb attack instead (unlike BG1, where it worked a lot like Stoneskin). The chance is high, but RGN is still involved.

high enough to replace stone skin? Health can regenerate at a fair 10 points a minute for each ring of regeneration and they're easy enough to pick up.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    Grond0 said:

There is a change in the EE in relation to poison. Previously if an image was hit by, say, a poisoned arrow then the poison would not affect the character - now it will irrespective of mirrors (though you can still save if the effect offers a saving throw).