Skip to content

Whoa this iOS update is gonna take some getting used to.

Looks crazy.

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    It's different. Not bad, just different. I remember having to get used to BG on a touch screen when it first came out for iOS. Now I'm quite used to it, at least the 1.3 version. I suspect this will be a quicker transition.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Trying to update, but won't let me. Fingers crossed on restarting phone will do the trick.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited September 2017

Still no control over party orientation??

God damn it.

Although it's no guarantee:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I've only played through the fist dungeon and there were magic items I've never found there before.

I wonder how much has really changed in this game.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Klorox said:

I've only played through the fist dungeon and there were magic items I've never found there before.

Ah, yes, the thingy in the underground place, useable on by a certain class. Yes, that made me open my eyes for more possibilities.

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    tbone1 said:

Klorox said:

Ah, yes, the thingy in the underground place, useable on by a certain class. Yes, that made me open my eyes for more possibilities.

Yeah they have some SoD items that Xfer into SoA, some you need to finish SoD with them equipped or in your backpack (not bag of holding), a few will Xfer over regardless. Vascona the +2 Longsword with +1 cold damage is usually in the room with the Sewer Golem you need to give the item to open the doors. I think it depends on what class your Spawn is though.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited September 2017
    The items in the Sewer Golem room are part of import02, one of three lists of item that get ported from bg1 to bg2, and if your game is new (or made from a save with none of the importable items) it defaults to the weapon class in which you have the highest proficiency (not every weapon type is covered, though, sucks to be you s/w/nt users). import02 always existed but didn't actually work in the original game.
    import01 has a bunch of armors worn by Illyich, and defaults to the Mail of the dead (which is why it used to be already identified), import03 has various trinkets in Irenicus' room and defaults to the Helm of Balduran.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I love this update! Especially the advanced ai. That and how much easier it is to find character information now...and how selecting gear shows you the difference in stats it will give you.
  • DesideratusDesideratus Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone else noticed that this new update appears to have broken/removed the import party function (from SoA to ToB at least)? I have been trying all day to find a way of importing my final SoA party to ToB to continue and can't manage anything apart from importing the main character only :/
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Desideratus Can you clarify it, please? Doesn't the game progress from the end of SoA to ToB automatically?

What exactly do you think is changed in the import process between SoA and ToB?