Skip to content

Shadowkeeper and BG2EE

How do I get the Keeper to use my EE version? I can't get it to regonice my BG2EE installation, or I don't know where to set the install directory.
At the moment, I've been taking my save games into my original BG2, and then putting them back into BG2EE.
It's extra work I wanna do without. Any help would be appreciatet

Comments

• ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    thx bud
  • CrazzyDogCrazzyDog Member Posts: 10
    hello players of SoA and ToB.

Please help me with shadowkeeper.

I downloaded Shadowkeeper version 2.1.4.0, and this program could find my saved game in BG2 (I saved a new game that is different from auto-save and quick-save).
    Then I could make a few changes in weapon proficiencies using Shadowkeeper version 2.1.4.0, and save this new changes. But I couldn't find where is the folder that this new saved file is located. In fact, I don't know how to use this program Shadowkeeper.
    Please, can someone download Shadowkeeper version 2.1.4.0, make a few changes on character in game, save it, and show me where is the folder that has the new saved and edited file. Moreover, can someone show me the step by step of how to use this version of Shadowkeeper (I don't know if I'm using it corretly), how to generate this new saved and edited file and how to reload this new saved and edited file to game BG2. It needs replace the entire "save" folder of BG2, or just replace a few files of "save" folder? Please, a step by step tutorial will be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
    I have downloaded shadowkeeper version 2.1.4.0 at this site: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php
    I installed SoA and ToB at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    When you open Shadowkeeper the Settings menu allows you to set the installation directory. This needs to point to your game folder, so if you're not seeing your saved games the path is probably not properly set there.

There's a readme in the help menu with some information about how to use the program.

When you make changes to a saved game the changed file is saved in the same folder - this will appear as an option when you try to load a game just like any other saved game.
    JuliusBorisov
    ---- SOLVED -----

Thanks for your reply Grond0.

I set the installation directory properly and I could edit the saved game. The new edited game is saved at the same "save" folder of installation directory. What happened is that I installed the game at C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA (I have windows 7), and I need to execute Shadowkeeper as administrator to have permission to make chages at folder "Program Files (x86)".
    So Shadowkeeper and EEkeeper or BEEkeeper works fine, just remember to execute them as administrator if the game is installed at C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files.

Best regards.
    JuliusBorisovGrond0