Skip to content

Commoner appearance bug in the city of Baldur's Gate

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited September 2012 in Fixed
While randomly exploring one of the lesser visited inns in the south west part of the city of Baldur's Gate I came across this lass sitting at a table. She is clearly missing legs and pants, as well as a properly coloured top.

Current Behaviour: She (and I know it is a she from her voice) is incomplete in how she is coloured. When I clicked on her she says "how are you?", and there are 3 other women on the floor of this inn that say the same thing when you click on them who are also discoloured. I tried leaving the area and coming back and it was still the case. I am running vanilla BG from Gog (so it has totsc as well as any patches included in the install by gog). However, I do not have the BG fixpack installed.

Here are some pictures of the current people as they are.

Expected behaviour: She should be coloured and clothed properly.

The location of this group of people is here

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, we managed to fix this one already. Not sure if its in one of the public fixes.
    Brude
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Ok. I just ran into it and was like...hmmm.
    No worries. If you encounter any other problems please mention them.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    This looks like one of the ftowbasn.cres in ar1109.are. There are several of these CREs so I don't think it is an issue with the CRE itself. What was the problem, @Tanthalas? I could guess from the looks of it in DLTCEP she was positioned inside the table instead of outside of it, but I can't test BGEE properly (could look at it in BG1 though I suppose).
    edited September 2012
    Not that it matters but I'd also just like to randomly add that any damage you see on my characters is actually a well crafted illusion on my part to make others feel better. I've been playing the game for 14 odd years, so naturally my characters never take damage ;)
    Tanthalas
    @Miloch

I honestly don't know. I'll drop your name if I can find the old bug discussion.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Tanthalas - cool. @elminster - well, you are Elminster after all, impossible to damage, gods know how many times I've tried :D. But even those evil kobold commandos can take a toll on a low-level party if you don't get the buggers right away.
    elminster
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Miloch
    I don't know where that discussion took place, but you can see from @Tanthalas' post here that the ladies at the southern table are colored properly.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/44337/#Comment_44337

Apologies to all who can't see it... One of the women looks like Han Solo, the other like Greedo, so all better.
    Not that this has anything to do with that, but since I can't see anything I've got to say that Han shot first.