Skip to content

Minsc's AI spell casting

ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
Hello, I decided to change Minsc to a cleric/ranger as I needed a backup divine caster to Viconia, and I like him in my current party setup. However, the EE script bdminscc seems to ignore the spells from the cleric side. It's not a huge issue, but was curious if I could tweak his script to recognize the spells. Thoughts?

Edit: to anyone curious, my justification is Boo grants him the spells bwhahahah

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

Hello, I decided to change Minsc to a cleric/ranger as I needed a backup divine caster to Viconia, and I like him in my current party setup. However, the EE script bdminscc seems to ignore the spells from the cleric side. It's not a huge issue, but was curious if I could tweak his script to recognize the spells. Thoughts?

Edit: to anyone curious, my justification is Boo grants him the spells bwhahahah

the only thing Boo grants are little black pellets in Minsc pocket...
    ReadingRamboMortianna
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You could change him to a cleric script. That might work a little better for you.
    ReadingRambo
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited October 2017
    Lol well after playing a bit with him like that I decided it was a bit cheesy and changed him back. Instead I went and picked up Mazzy and turned her into a fighter/cleric and moved her pips from shortbow to sling. Fits much better, and my party feels complete now!

I've got

Aldan (half-elf fighter-mage)
    Korgan
    Minsc
    Viconia
    Mazzy
    flex spot (all NPCs for their quests and then Yoshimo to Spellhold), evenutally Immy.

I'm playing on Legacy of Bhaal with some mods, as well as a few custom items i made with Near Infinity to make things less frustrating.

For ToB I cant decide who to switch for Sarevok, but thats quite a ways off. I'll probably start a new game before I get there lmao. Most likey Minsc, as except for Imoen, he's the only one I've beaten TOB with in this party. Over a decade of playing the game about every year or so and I've only gotten there a few times haha. I have OCD restart-itis.

Here's a pic of my group

https://gyazo.com/7a45a61b29396ffe1553921de38a1dc4
    Post edited by ReadingRambo on