Skip to content

Will the enhanced editions of baldurs gate and Icewind dale ever come to console

Obsidians console port of pillars of eternity has been amazing it makes me yearn for a console port of baldurs gate and icewind dale it would be nice to see them come to console as well.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I honestly can't see how that would work. What control scheme would one use?
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Doesn't really need to unless you have phone pre 1995.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited September 2017
    That was Paradox idea. It didn't have that much to do with Obsidian and Sawyer said specifically that the development of PoE: Deadfire won't be affected by that. That's not to say Paradox won't eventually launch a port for Deadfire as well though.

I don't really like it when a game is being developed for every platform on the market anyway. Too many delays and compromises to please everyone..Meh it's not ideal imo^^
    Post edited by batoor on
    ThacoBell
  • CruentuzCruentuz Member Posts: 16
    Would love to have the entire Baldur's Gate saga on one single cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Mechanic buttons combined with touchscreen should do the trick. And some mods, npc's, black pits and eeKeeper as DLC that would yield some extra income for Beamdog.
    My wet dream anyway, pulled straight from my fantasy file.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    What I am more excited for, is a "port" ish adventure of BG series into Divinity Original Sin 2. It would be super badass to play the series in a completely new way.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    seriously , this game runs on a literal potato and was released almost 19 years ago, if you want to play it on your big screen just get a dirt cheap PC and hook it up to it :)
    sarevok57
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403

seriously , this game runs on a literal potato and was released almost 19 years ago, if you want to play it on your big screen just get a dirt cheap PC and hook it up to it :)

You don't even need a pc just play on your phone or tablet and stream to the tv if needed be.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Yeah, Beamdog is already having the same problems as the late Roman Empire. They have four games and a unique expansion to keep up to date over multiple platforms. They don't need to be stretched thin in unnecessary ways by porting more than they do. But like others said, you can hook a PC or tablet up to the TV. You could also get a Steam Machine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.